Battery replacement - Clips not Screws

TomTom Model(s)
XL30
I have a TomTom XL (30 Series) / 330 - 1GB and the Battery is all but dead. I've watched the video clips on YouTube for replacement, and it shows two screws under the Label.

But my TomTom has three clips, not two screws. How do I disassemble the device with clips? Anyone help please?

Sorry, but the only video I see shows the 2 screws. Maybe someone else can assist.

I have a TomTom XL in front of me at the moment, You peel off the bottom label to reveal the 3 clips. Prod the clips through the little holes to release them and gently prise the silver bezel forward, releasing the additional clips round the sides as you go (the thin plastic tools you often get given with a new battery are a godsend here.).
That should reveal the screws around the screen itself.

Thanks. That's really helpful, and confirmation of what I thought might be the case. But I didn't want to start doing this and risk breaking clips if I was wrong. That's the great thing about these forums; there are some great people who take time to share their knowledge. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question