Auto Power Off Possible?

I have a GO 510 and use it with the car mount plugged into my cigarette lighter. The power to the lighter goes off when i turn my car off, which would be a nice trigger to power off the GPS. My old Garmin had that feature, and I haven't yet found it on my TomTom. Does such a feature exist? If so, how do I access it?

I have not used this software, since I only have a One. If you read the README file it shows you which models it works with.

Type | Status
-----------------+-------------------
Go 910 | tested, ok
Go 710 | tested, ok
Go 510 | tested, ok
Rider | tested, ok (FW 6.520)
One | does not work

LOL...check my post about the 910 shipped with viruses...I cant backup! I dont condone doing what Ive done (modding w/o a backup) but Im a modder at heart.

EDIT: It did not work on my TT910

Last edited:
For whatever reason the fix did not work on my 910 when I got it back from repair. Of course a different unit but I set the first 910 up in about thirty seconds. Spend weeks working on the new one. Apparently TT does not want anyone having that feature. On another forum I was told they had tinkered with later firmware editions to prohibit the mod working. And apparently they did. I even tried to roll back to an earlier update but that did not work. Maybe someone will solve this problem too.

Ask a Question