audio directions not working consistently

Hi...wondering if anyon else has experienced this issue.
This has happened with 2 TomToms....
The audio directions work when the device is first turned on (for the first turns)....then works when the last turns are made....in between, the voice directions do not work....

Have a new xl335se. Had the same problem 1st day. It was working, so I figured something that i changed caused it. I set the volume to less than 100% and it works At 100 it is random when the street name and turn is spoken.

Last edited:
Hi...wondering if anyon else has experienced this issue.
This has happened with 2 TomToms....
The audio directions work when the device is first turned on (for the first turns)....then works when the last turns are made....in between, the voice directions do not work....
This sounds to me like it could be the volume thing. When you're first starting out and driving slow, the audio is at a lower level and works. As you speed up, the volume goes higher (if you have it set to do that... which is the default I believe). Then when you get near your destination you slow down and the volume is lower again and instructions are heard.

Try lowering the volume below 85% and see how it works.

Ask a Question