Any news on when a fix for the Go720 will be out?

I think you mean a fix for the firmware 8.3? (It's not just associated with a 720 model).

The answer, sadly, is no.........:(

I was on the phone several times with CS at TT and they knew about the problems and said they were working on it but had no idea when an update would come out.

Firmware upgrade

When I was on the phone with them yesterday I was told they expected to have something out this month. What specifically it will address remains to be seen but clearly there are additional concerns with the 8.3X series beyond stuttering Susan.

Is there a list of "known" issues or bugs with the 8.3 update anywhere? I didn't find one on a search.

Based on reading the numerous threads and discussions on various forums, I've come up with the following so far:

1. Stuttering speech issue (Susan)
2. Control my TomTom in TT Home doesn't work
3. Bluetooth cell phone address book import doesn't show names, just numbers
4. Display/brightness issues
5. Font size is too small for long street names that shows up

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
David

Is there a list of "known" issues or bugs with the 8.3 update anywhere? I didn't find one on a search.

Based on reading the numerous threads and discussions on various forums, I've come up with the following so far:

1. Stuttering speech issue (Susan)
2. Control my TomTom in TT Home doesn't work
3. Bluetooth cell phone address book import doesn't show names, just numbers
4. Display/brightness issues
5. Font size is too small for long street names that shows up

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
David
Add to that the major outcry after FM transmission of nav information was eliminated due to an obscure U.K. rule (it's a GPS forcryingoutloud - inhibit it if it's in the U.K. and leave the rest of us alone!).

Add to that several issues related to mislabeled buttons (Dial vs. Delete for POI and similar).

I don't even remember the whole laundry list I gave them over the phone.

Thanks all, with all of the talk of the 720 having limited hardware capabilities to support these new features and their lack of an update now after seemingly 2+ months I fear I might just return the device this weekend in favor of either a Sony or a Garmin....just not worth waiting for IMHO. Thanks all

Buying a new 720

I was just about to buy a new 720 today. Found a great price. Should I wait.
I have the one 3rd edition. Can someone tell me does the 720 do itinerary planning?

Guit

I was just about to buy a new 720 today. Found a great price. Should I wait.
I have the one 3rd edition. Can someone tell me does the 720 do itinerary planning?

Guit
You bet -- and they'll do it using POI data, addresses, coordinate data, or whatever you like. I load an entire block of the "500 closest" geocaches in as a POI file, and set up an itinerary to take me to as many of them as I think I can locate in a day's time.

Even more convenient is that you can do this on your PC. The older version of the "Home" software that came with the TomTom units didn't, for some reason, allow you to set up itineraries as part of "Operate My Go" from the PC. My real size keyboard and mouse make the job a whole lot faster.

There's some interesing 3rd party software out there for doing this as well. When you're done, you just copy the resulting *.ITN (itinerary) file over to your TomTom and start it up.

Add to that the major outcry after FM transmission of nav information was eliminated due to an obscure U.K. rule (it's a GPS forcryingoutloud - inhibit it if it's in the U.K. and leave the rest of us alone!).

Add to that several issues related to mislabeled buttons (Dial vs. Delete for POI and similar).
Lately, the one that gets me is how the FM transmitter cuts out about 10 seconds after the jukebox is paused.

Because, obviously I wanted to hear LOUD STATIC blaring from my speakers, instead of "some other quiet thing" that my music was drowning out! (This is exacerbated by the aforementioned crummy FM Transmission.) :mad:

Ask a Question