TomTom 1005 - Any News

I have been wanting and waiting to buy the 1005 has anyone any idea when it might be out ?
Will the 1005 have the former mentioned restrictions of the 1000 ? or has the issues been resolved ? :)
Having been reading various points on the TomTomGoLive 1000 Thread, some seem to think that it is not as good as the 740 - do others think that, and if so why.

Other than a larger (5") screen, the T1005 will have all the restrictions of the T1000.
-No custom pois as yet
-No itinerary planning
-Doesn't come with the latest map or any way to get other maps
-No way for the user to back up the contents
-etc.

Being UK based if you want a decent TomTom unit try and find a 940 for sale as these were the last fully featured nav units that TomTom supplied.
After the 940 came the x50 series with reduced capability, no FM Tx, no mp3 player etc then they offered the non finished 1000 series.

I could live without the custom POI but will not accept a hidden file system preventing me from seeing whats on the device - Mike

Ask a Question