all stored info lost

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 125
After the turning on all by itself thing started happening. I noticed it needed to be charged. So I hooked up to my pc for charging. Then opened up tomtom home and it had a bunch up updates. It updated and I thought all was well. I started scrolling through my device and found that all my previous information was gone. All my favorites (about 30 destinations) are gone and half my symbols are grayed out. Now I have to re input everything. Did something in the updates do this?

Did you update a map?

Copy the mapsettings.cfg file from a backed up map folder (you did back up, right?) to the map folder on your unit using Explorer.

Connect to Home, Manage Favourites, and change one by adding, deleting or editing. Disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon and restart.

Your favourites should be back.

Well, lesson learned the hard way I reckon. First back up completed. I'll back up every time I add info.

Ask a Question