after market mounts

That setup is using the RAM mount for the x10 series connected to what looks like a goose neck of some sort. My only question is if that goose neck is sturdy or will cause vibrations.

You could always check out www.ram-mount.com for more setup ideas.

I like the goose neck idea...my only concern is that it is mounted very low and not in line of sight, but it might be worth a try for $29.95...

Last edited:
I like the goose neck idea...my only concern is that it is mounted very low and not in line of sight, but it might be worth a try for $9.95...

I can not see the tomtom worth a darn above the dash. I was hoping the screen would be more visible low.

Try it out. let us know how it is. For that price it's a good deal. The RAM mount holder for the 910 is 9.99 alone.

Try it out. let us know how it is. For that price it's a good deal. The RAM mount holder for the 910 is 9.99 alone.

I will. I have had no luck with the tomtom fm transmitter and bumps I am hoping the RAM mount takes the pressure off the shoe so every jar does not break up the connection.

Review on gooseneck mount from earlier posted link.
Works great! Highly reccomend it if you do not want tomtom up high. Have Dodge truck and on the window mount it was to far away and hard to see. Plus wires running up to suction mount bothered me. Very firm but adjustable great for passenger and driver to quickly move for visibility. Having to reach up and unclick once NOT twice or the suction mount comes tumbling down was a pain but no more. Also bought the after market external antenna w/magnet back. Also works great and inexpensive. Plugged it in in the house perfect 8 sat. reception NEVER got reception in the house. I ran the wire inside the sleeve of gooseneck mount and under the seat then adhered the antenna on the outside of the passenger seat mount with its own magnet. Can't see it and instantaneous no lag reception.

Haven't tried that mount but I do have gooseneck like that for my XM unit and it is great. The unit doesn't move around at all in facct it is very stiff, the only problem I had was getting the mount and tube to clear the seat when it gets moved forward. Still don't have it quite right so I make midgets sit in the rear.

Ask a Question