Address of POI's

Is there a way to see the address of POI's? As far as I know you can see only the phone number of the POI and no other details. Thanks!

Hello and welcome. There is option available to see to the POI address or phone number. You can dial a POI number but it won't be displayed until you call it. The only way these options are available are throught the custom POIs.

Is there a way to see the address of POI's? As far as I know you can see only the phone number of the POI and no other details. Thanks!

What do you need a postal address for? You can see it's position on the map (thereby deriving its address), and you can navigate to it?

An address is only a (poor) substitute for a coordinate. You have the coordinate. The address becomes irrelevant (unless you want to send them a letter).

BTW, Pedro2NR you can see the phone number of a POI by tapping on the icon in the map view.

Hey Spook.
Thanks for the info. I learn this can be done after my post. I like this option.

I think users want to know the address when informing other people how to get there. I remembered one time during the summer, we went to a bar and we got there first (thanks to the TT). Our other party needed to know the address so they can located it and I couldn't thell them the address because it wasn't available.

If you are informing other people you can either tell them "Get a TomTom" (!), or just look at the POI on the map and tell them "..the corner of 3rd and Long Street". The address can always be derived from the map, it even has house numbers (just tap on the map).

Having an address is no help if you don't know the area and you dont have a map. If you have a map, "..the corner of 3rd and Long Street" is sufficient.

If you are informing other people you can either tell them "Get a TomTom" (!), or just look at the POI on the map and tell them "..the corner of 3rd and Long Street". The address can always be derived from the map, it even has house numbers (just tap on the map).

Having an address is no help if you don't know the area and you dont have a map. If you have a map, "..the corner of 3rd and Long Street" is sufficient.
Spook, use the "Advanced Planning" function.

You input their current location as departure location and your current location as the destination and after your TT calculates a route, click Browse as Text and give them written instructions.

LOL nice Spook. I've told many peeps to get a tomtom, but they don't listen, hehe. That night was on sunset blvd and I informed them to see a big sign after so and so street.:D

Ask a Question