Activate on TTHome

TomTom Model(s)
One US-Canada, XXL540TM
Hi there,
When I use TTHome & start the virtual my TT One, it wants to have me activate my US & Canada map before I go any further. When I try to do that, it rejects the activation card Product Code, the Device Code or an activation code I got from ttcode.com.
What am I doing wrong ?

Jeff

Having some time to look at other posts, my One is a refurb & maybe I need to use the flash tool mentioned elsewhere ? If so, how do I go about doing that ?
Can others who have had to do this procedure help with instructions ? I don't want to turn my Tom Tom into a doorstop.

Last edited:
If you go to the tomtom.com/support and find the clear flash tool, download it and install it.

It's pretty straight forward and it won't 'brick' your device.

Is there any way to tell what version my One is from looking at it ? I know it isn't an XL since it is a smaller screen, not a v3 since it came with the SD card. Other than that, how does one tell ?

It did come in a green box.

Thanks, Jeff

Hmmm, I managed to download two different flash utilities.

I didn't notice I had 'United Kingdom' up on the right hand side of their page when I got the first one, 'clear_flash.exe'.

But I had a hard time trying to narrow which One they were talking about when I noticed I was 'in' the wrong country !

Under 'United States' & 'ONE 2nd edition' I found the file you're talking about, 'ttgo510-710.clear_flash.exe'. It is disconcerting to read their instructions for it to find that they keep referring to the 'GO' through out.

Thanks, as you've again reassured me that this flash will work; I was about to ask about it.

Jeff

I was asking the same question regarding the flash tool only being for the 510 but the user has said that was the flash tool used to resolve his problem.

I tried searching for the post but just to many to sort through.

I would try the 'clear_flash.exe' tool first and see if that helps you out.

I have used that particular clearflash on my TT One Version 2 (SD Slot) and it worked fine. I was having activation issues with my Map. I had the right code but it would not take it. Did the clearflash - ttgo510-710.clear_flash.exe and it fixed everything.

I have used that particular clearflash on my TT One Version 2 (SD Slot) and it worked fine. I was having activation issues with my Map. I had the right code but it would not take it. Did the clearflash - ttgo510-710.clear_flash.exe and it fixed everything.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Ask a Question