920 shutting down.

Sorry, posted in the general instead of the 920 forum so he I posted here and will try to delete other.
New here. I was driving along with my new TT920 today and was charge up earlier in day. At an inopertune time, I looked at my TT and saw a screen with what looked like a battery without any coloring inside and a triangle below it with something in it and last only a few seconds and unit shut itself down. I plugged in the charger for about 2 minutes when I reached a point I could stop and look at the unit and unplugged charger and looked at battery indication and showed to be charged or at least very little charge used up. Anyone know what caused this? It was working just fine before. It was not on charger during use and was playing MP3s also while in use. This is first time I have seen this. It shut down one other time and gave seconds to shutdown that time and saw a past post that to avoid this, to turn unit on first then plug in but this was different. It was on, being used without car charger plugged in and different screen as other time.

Ok, it was already set to Never turn off screen. I made a 2 hour trip this past week and never shut off and yet today it shut off after only 10 minutes or so with the strange lookin screen and battery showed charged. The Switch off when external power is lost button is also not checked.

First thing to do in a strange situation is to press the reset button for 15 secs while the unit is on.

First thing to do in a strange situation is to press the reset button for 15 secs while the unit is on.

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same problem with a 920, whenever I'm connected to a power source (cradle or charger).

Last edited:

Ask a Question