920 Data Output

I just got a 920 and would like to also use it as a data source for Streets and Trips. Does anyone know if there is a way for the 920 to provide position (lat/long) data to a laptop? Something like NMEA 0183 format?

Why would you want to? You can get a rechargeable Bluetooth GPS receiver pretty cheaply. If your laptop doesn't have Bluetooth you can get a USB receiver too. I've done this and found it not nearly as easy as the TomTom all in one solution.

I just got a 920 and would like to also use it as a data source for Streets and Trips. Does anyone know if there is a way for the 920 to provide position (lat/long) data to a laptop? Something like NMEA 0183 format?

Are you looking for the data in real time, or do you just want a log of the data?

If you just want a log of the data, you might want to check out event logger.

I havent used it myself, but its my understanding he can make log files of trips and you can open them up on your computer (I think either with google maps or excel).

John, I have used "franson GPSgate" software to connect my Garmin Vista CX to my laptop for navigation. I have not tried yet with my GO920 and I am not sure if that is what you want to do.

Sidney

John, I have used "franson GPSgate" software to connect my Garmin Vista CX to my laptop for navigation with S&T 2008. I have not tried yet with my GO920 and I am not sure if that is what you want to do.

Sidney

Ask a Question