910 power on/off

TomTom Model(s)
910, One
in this thread it was stated that the units no longer power off after a certain firmware update. is a fix for this in the works? it's quite annoying to have to manually power off the unit.

From what I hear, TomTom has heard people's response from taking this feature out.
Currently, there is nothing new about getting this fix.

TomTom removed the auto off feature to alleviate some of the problems with the mount. As indicated when the mount would bounce and temporarily loose connection with the dc power the unit read that as a power down of the vehicle and shut off the unit. Hence the removal of that software provision. I spoke to TT support recently and the only thing they would relate was the info that my bud Pedro2NR gave and that there was no impending fix. The problem is that if they return auto off then they will receive complaints about units shutting down unexpectedly (the original issue). An engineering friend commented to me that the solution might be to program in a time frame for power off before shut down that recognized true power off and not the intermittent one caused by the mount. Who knows.....TT does listen to comments on this forum (thank you John and Jason) and at least provide the option..

Ask a Question