910 Backup problems....

TomTom Model(s)
Unfortunately my backup for the 910 has not been going well.

I get locked up at settings.dat saying it is an invalid file....and the backup stopped. I turned on the 910 outside the cradle and set up my settings....will reattempt...I hope this fixes it.

I was hoping to use this here in a few min as I have to get to a friends house for dinner but we shall see!

Wish me luck!

Good luck. When I first tested a 910 awhile back, I had problems with a particular file during backup. I can't remember the name of it, but I eventually called TT support and my file was corrupt. They emailed me a new file, I copied it over and everything was smooth sailing from there on out.

Good luck. When I first tested a 910 awhile back, I had problems with a particular file during backup. I can't remember the name of it, but I eventually called TT support and my file was corrupt. They emailed me a new file, I copied it over and everything was smooth sailing from there on out.

Well just got home from dinner....no update/backup. Just used it and deliberately got it lost...found my buddies house without any problems AND got me there the way I would have done it! Simply amazing!!!!!

I am running it through a backup right now...ughhh 40 min....do these get any faster after the initial one....LOL.

If it doesnt work I will call Tech tomorrow!

Did I mention I really love this thing so far and this site is invaluable....I think I wont be getting much sleep tonight!

Regards!

The backup usually takes awhile. When I do a backup it takes about an hour, only because I have so much stuff on it :)

Backup Completed!!!!!!

Ok what happened was that when I first did the backup I never even turned on the 910 via the touch screen. There are initial settings such as language, voice, time, etc...I assume that there had to be data in this file prior to backing up!

Now on to updating!

Backup Completed!!!!!!

Ok what happened was that when I first did the backup I never even turned on the 910 via the touch screen. There are initial settings such as language, voice, time, etc...I assume that there had to be data in this file prior to backing up!

Now on to updating!

I see that would make sense then according to your error msg.

Did you make a full backup? i.e. make a backup of your computer voices (these voices are used for text-to-speech functions) - Link.

I see that would make sense then according to your error msg.

Did you make a full backup? i.e. make a backup of your computer voices (these voices are used for text-to-speech functions) - Link.

HECK YES!

I saw this sticky last night and did that first...did NOT exclude anything!

I rebooted it all and am checking on the update functions now!

Will keep you posted...I am going to make a little "How-To" on how I set this up to document it for others and make a new post on it in a few minutes.

HECK YES!

I saw this sticky last night and did that first...did NOT exclude anything!

I rebooted it all and am checking on the update functions now!

Will keep you posted...I am going to make a little "How-To" on how I set this up to document it for others and make a new post on it in a few minutes.

Perfect. You definitely don't want to miss those critical voices.

Perfect. You definitely don't want to miss those critical voices.

Now I am getting a flashing red circle with a white x in it when I try to connect to the computer....OMG.....hope the updates didnt crash this.....

Ill reboot and try everything again....any suggestions????

Regards

Ask a Question