8.010 Edit Capability

TomTom Model(s)
One XL S
Big Improvements in renaming streets and updating turn restrictions.

Renaming streets...being able to selectively add or delete portions of the road to be renamed really helps with some problem areas I had encountered. Ability to update turn restrictions is big improvement for some problem areas as well.

Big Improvements in renaming streets and updating turn restrictions.

Renaming streets...being able to selectively add or delete portions of the road to be renamed really helps with some problem areas I had encountered. Ability to update turn restrictions is big improvement for some problem areas as well.
Ohhh, that's cool, I can't wait to get it. I have several streets llike that where just certain portions were renamed, and I couldn't select the certain portions!

It sort of works. You can rename a segment of road, even make it a part of a similarly named road--sometimes. This has solved many mapshare problems for me, already.

However, if you select another segment of the original road while browsing, it'll also highlight that renamed segment (under the old name). So it appears that those altered segments retain refs to their original DB entries. There needs to be a way to decouple it completely from the original road.

Or maybe, I'm failing to perform some intermediate step. Changing the house number ranges on these segments doesn't seem to solve it, either.

That being said... this feature is a very welcomed addition to mapshare. Renamed segments *do* display their new names by default (ie. while browsing or traveling through those neighborhoods).

R?

I have a One XL-S and installed 8.010. Now I have the ability to enter speed limits on streets and highways. One thing I noticed is that, for example, I enter a speed limit as 25mph. On the status bar, it will display the current speed/24.
It seems to list 1mph lower than the speed limit I entered. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a reason why?
Keith

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that, for example, I enter a speed limit as 25mph. On the status bar, it will display the current speed/24.
It seems to list 1mph lower than the speed limit I entered. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a reason why?
Not sure about the reason, but this is a (somewhat) known bug. One of the "NavCore8 is Out" threads detailed this problem a few days ago.

R?

It sort of works. You can rename a segment of road, even make it a part of a similarly named road--sometimes. This has solved many mapshare problems for me, already.

However, if you select another segment of the original road while browsing, it'll also highlight that renamed segment (under the old name). So it appears that those altered segments retain refs to their original DB entries. There needs to be a way to decouple it completely from the original road.

Or maybe, I'm failing to perform some intermediate step. Changing the house number ranges on these segments doesn't seem to solve it, either.

That being said... this feature is a very welcomed addition to mapshare. Renamed segments *do* display their new names by default (ie. while browsing or traveling through those neighborhoods).

R?

Do the first 2 posts in this thread from a Brit forum help: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66362&highlight=map+share

Hi

From Brasil: I have updated my device to 8.010 version, but from now on, It takes too long time to get GPS signal. It really doesnt find a sattelite. And Im sure the GPSFix are ok.
Did anybody experience same situation?

Hi

From Brasil: I have updated my device to 8.010 version, but from now on, It takes too long time to get GPS signal. It really doesnt find a sattelite. And Im sure the GPSFix are ok.
Did anybody experience same situation?

I installed 8.010 on my One 3rd yesterday and it effectly killed it. I had to call customer support and they acknowledged problems with 8.010 and sent me a new (older 7.131) operating system via the Home log-in account. It still took 30 minutes to find any signals, and then my One refused to turn off. Had to reset to get it off, and then it never found any signals again. Placed another call to Customer Support, and we installed a slightly newer operating system, but still had long delays in getting signals. Was finally able to download a new gpsfix this morning, so hopefully things are back to normal.

IF YOU HAVE A ONE 3RD, DO NOT INSTALL 8.010

That's just what I'm doing (except with street names, instead of road speeds). Nice tutorial, tho. :cool:

Note that the renaming operation is more complex than altering the speed. Speed changes don't alter roads' basic network. Renaming can.

For example, if I begin with one long "Main Street" then change one central section of it to "Elm Street" there are now two different roads, each with a different DB entry, house range, and selection. So from now on, when "Main Street" is selected for browsing it should fail to highlight the 'Elm Street' section--this NOT occurring. Currently, selecting "Main" also selects the Elm section. However, selecting the new section correctly selects just Elm Street.

AND if this town already has an Elm Street elsewhere, this new section should become a part of that street, incorporating its number range into the whole. So that whenever Elm is selected, this segment highlites, too. Otherwise, you'll never be able to properly Route to this new section--this is occurring somewhat. If the new name matches an existing DB entry it will be incorporated for selection purposes. However, the house numbering ranges appear to remain as separate entries.

Those are the errors I've observed. It's possible that the database is behaving correctly, but the selection mechanism isn't sophisticated enough to handle these more detailed changes. Or it could just be that the feature wasn't rigorously tested.

R?

Ask a Question