730 should i send it back?

the fm will not work and mp3 will not play- talked to TT and they say fm will be fixed in the new application update(but do not know when it will be out)
should i just be able to put an sd card (with mp3) and play from that?
thinking about sending it back, and waiting for all the corrections- i don't know how else to tell TT(and have them take me seriously)may be if enough come back- they will get on the ball

Have you set music to play using fm in speaker preferences? If so, do you have mp3 files in a folder called 'mp3' (all lower case, no quote).

If so.....what is happening or not happening when you try to play the music?

tech support said to add a file folder-its already suppose to be there- i could not find it- so i added on, not sure if its in tt or tt home- since the fm does not work i can not try that out!

The file folder is not on the TomTom unit, but on the SD card. When you place the SD card in your computer, create a new folder with the name mp3 on the SD card, just as you would create a new folder on your hard disk. Then, copy the music files you want into the mp3 folder. When you put the SD card in the TomTom, you should be able to play the music by going to the "Juke Box" tab, which is within Music and Media.

it still would not work after i put the file on the sd card-until i moved ALL the mp3s into the file- then it work fine-so thank you i wish TT would have told me that-btw the garmin i had just took the card & stating playing- that why i did not even think any modifications had to be made to the card or tt home-

I have just made a file called mp3 and put all my music on the sd card. When I try and open the juke box it is not highlighted (it is gray) and will not open. It is as if there is no juke box.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Gordon

A FOLDER you mean? If so, is it called mp3 (all lower case, no quotes)?

And have you placed the various mp3 files in that folder?

If 'yes' to all the above, and it still doesn't work via Jukebox, try a pin reset.

What model do you have? Some do not have a reset hole in the bottom. If yours is such a model (look carefully, some models DO have a reset but it isn't marked well), then hold the power on button for about 15 seconds until you hear the drums and see the opening screen. The only data you may have to reset is the current time.

Other models have a reset hole in the bottom. Use a paperclip and hold down in the reset hole for about 5 seconds.

Thank you. That worked a treat.:D
It will not operate the juke box when it on the cradle but it will operate off the cradle.
Now to buy a blue tooth unit for my crash helmet.
Many thanks again:)

Cheers

Gordon

Ask a Question