720 Voice commands

Hello everyone!

I have a 720 "hacked" to enable voice commands. It worked fine until yesterday when I took it out of the car (battery is dead) and did some updates (quickfix and mapshare, nothing else.)

Symptoms: Select dialog / voice commands, it asks me for city. I spoke the name of the city, it recognized OK. Then it asks me for street name, I spoke the street name and "bing", it froze (volume bar at the top grayed out.) I can still enter street name by keyboard but voice commands is a no go.

Please help!

TIA

Does this happen regardless of what city you are searching a street for or only with the streets in a specific city?

Have you tried a pin reset?

The fact that it appears to recognize the city seems to show you have all your ingredients in place; namely, correct map, correct application, support_asr.dat file in place.

I'm trying to activate the voice command mode too but it's not working. When I select "Navigate to..." there's no option for voice command. Should I just start talking to it after I select "Navigate to..."? Also what is a pin reset?

It is a reset of the unit using a paperclip or something similar in the dedicated reset hole on the bottom of the unit.

What application and map version do you have on the unit (tap the satellite bars to see the application version. Tap the version number to see the map installed and its version).

Also, use Explorer. Move to the North_America folder on your unit. Do you see a bunch of files that look like cspeech__XX.dat where XX represents a 2 letter code for each state?

Ask a Question