Copy Custom Voice from 720 to 2535?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535 TMWTE & GO720
I have a custom recorded voice on my GO720 (its my grandson @ 3ys, too cute!) and would like to use it on my new GO2535.

I don't see anything on my new one similar to the custom voice.

Is there a way to preserve my grandson's recorded instructions and install it on my new Tomtom?

Thanks!

Your 2535 has voices added using the MyTomTom software (assuming your software is current). If you click on the icon in the systray, you should see "Add community content" listed there. That connects you to your unit, and allows for the addition of voices. Just pull the voice file from the 720 and use MyTomTom to load it to your 2535.

Hmmm, the custom voice is not one file on my 720, its a collection of *.wav files in a folder called "Customvoice".

There is no "voice file"

Any ideas?

@dhn - you're right. Somehow when I read 'custom voice', I was thinking of the downloadable name.chk (like you find in voices) sort vs. a truly home-brew voice (like you find in a customvoice folder).

@RickB
You will need to convert your *.wav files to *.ogg files (see here http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-CD-Rippers-Encoders/oggdropXPd.shtml ) and then use another utility (see here http://www.ghostwheel.de/viftool/ ) to combined all of the *.ogg files into a single *.chk file that you can upload to your new unit.

Rick - it wouldn't hurt if you would disassemble one of the miscellaneous *.chk voices from your "voices" folder of your 720 (the viftool works in both directions) so that you can see what all of the necessary expressions are to be sure you have all of them covered.

Rick - it wouldn't hurt if you would disassemble one of the miscellaneous *.chk voices from your "voices" folder of your 720 (the viftool works in both directions) so that you can see what all of the necessary expressions are to be sure you have all of them covered.

Thanks for that, great suggestion. When I have the time, will do just that, make sure all is in order before I re-complile it all. I never did get my grandson to let me record him in all 50x phrases, so I will do that with him tomorrow first as well.

Will let you know in a few days how it all went!

Thanks again,

Rick

Sorry if I'm too late... I missed this topic.
You don't need to reverse engineer a voice file just to get the list of phrases.

You can find the full list of what you need your grandson to say on the TT website.

Go to
http://create.tomtom.com/manuals/create-your-own-content/

In the "Welcome" section, click on "Voices".
then click on "Record the voice commands"
then "The 59 commands"

Or this might work as a direct link to the same place:
http://create.tomtom.com/manuals/create-your-own-content/index.html?voice_commands.htm

Yes you've come late to the convo! :)

We have already recorded all the phrases, that was the easy part. However this was done on my old 720, and I don't see the function on my new 2535, so the challenge is getting all these *.wav files into a .Chk file.

Rick - Andy was just coming up with another way of making sure you have all of the necessary phrases in your *.wav file collection that will be needed (as *.ogg files) to make a complete *.chk voice. What he's pointing you to is a TomTom list of the phrases.

No, not at all. Just thinking you were misunderstanding where Andy was in the process here.

Yes, I just though that you said you needed to check you had ALL the phrases required....

Andy's was a quicker way of assuring that than decompiling an existing *.chk. I forgot that TomTom had that list out there.

Ask a Question