7.210 - Anyone install yet?

I read from some other forums that TomTom pull off the 7.210 because theres too many problems reported. So for now the newest you can get is 7.020.

Is there a way to downgrade my 7.20 to 7.02

I am experiencing some issues with the Traffic services and I am wondering if it has something to do with the firmware I am running.

D.

you should find the backup file in C:\Documents and Settings\ngs\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\program\TomTomApplicationforGO520GO720 or something like that.

Oh crap... now i've done it.

I managed to downgrade my unit to the shipping version: 7.010

However... now when I try to UPDATE it nothing shows up.

I suspect something is probably telling the update software that I have the old 7.20 that I had before

Any help would be appreciated.

D.

okay... spoke too soon.

I figured it out.... man that was actually fun... I learned a lot about how the structure and stuff works on this unit.

I am at app 7.020 and os: 2622

My updated NA map 710.1584 is still present and everything seems to be working fine.

I am going to leave it at this OS for a while till I see what TomTom has in store for us next.

D.

Im glad you figured it out.
The firmwire doesn't tie in the with map. You can downgrade or upgrade and you will still have the same version of the map.
FYI, the new v7 maps only work with Navcore 7 firmwire.

I have version 6.5 on my TT right now. When I try and update it to v7 through HOME it seems to download and install, but when I remove it from the cradle and it tries to start-up it just hangs at the tomtom screen. I have tried rebooting, but it doesn't seem to work. I have to remove it from my tomtom and restore it back to 6.5 and everything works fine. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Has this happened with other updates you have encountered?

When you install a update, it is best to immediately disconnect the unit from the computer and fire the unit up. Let it go through the firmwire changes then connect back to HOME.

Yeah I disconnect it from the computer right after it updates and I let it sit there, but nothing happens. Not sure what else I can do??

I have version 6.5 on my TT right now. When I try and update it to v7 through HOME it seems to download and install, but when I remove it from the cradle and it tries to start-up it just hangs at the tomtom screen. I have tried rebooting, but it doesn't seem to work. I have to remove it from my tomtom and restore it back to 6.5 and everything works fine. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

I had a similar issue and just did a hard reset by punching the reset button on the device with a paper clip. Since then, it started up and run just fine.

Stick with v6.5 as it seems to work for you.
Im still on 6.5 and haven't update to the new v7 update yet.

What if you go to 'My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads and delete the new Nav7 version HOME downloaded. This will have make HOME download a new different Nav7 version from TT's Server.

Ask a Question