7.210 - Anyone install yet?

Yeah.....read my new thread about loss of the map when I downloaded the software.

Downloaded and updated my 720 tonight with no issues.

No loss of map or settings....

me = happy camper.

Do we have ANY idea what the update included or changed?

I went through the menus etc and didn't see anything different.

D.

I upgraded without incident.

Too bad TT can't update their release notes. They probably either don't know what the new release does, or don't want to tell us what is broken they are trying to fix.

upgraded

upgraded with no problems. But I also updated my map from 705 to 710. Added 500m+. Only about 60meg free now. Added a bunch of cspeech_XX.dat files, where XX is a 2 letter state code. Anyone have an idea what these might be for?

Woody

Only thing different I have noticed so far is that if you do a poi search --> poi in city --> enter city name --> Any poi category (this icon used to say search).

Also if I try an unsupported bluetooth phone now, it says that its connected but there is complete silence on both ends. I haven't tried my other phone to see if bluetooth is broken or not.

Woody, what is the size of poi.dat file with the new map upgrade?

Another thing that I have noticed is that on the emulator, if you go to tomtom plus services, they don't work anymore. I used to check weather and download gps quick fix manually that way.

Last edited:
I just installed the new firmware 7.21 and everything keeps working as before including bluetooth and the tomtom plus (traffic + weather) via Home/Dock.

Installed and works perfectly with Bluetooth data although I haven't tried the handsfree (have a lock up problem with my phone but believe it's the Motorola Q and not the TT720, gets confused with data and voice). I should mention that I am on a unsupported phone and unsupported network.

My brother is using my TT720 for a trip down to Michigan and called me on the road to tell me he likes the interface better than his Nuvi.

Nathan...

I installed 7.2 on my 510. The only thing i lost was Tripmaster, fuel calc., and off-road navigator. Can anyone tell me how to get these working w/ 7.2. I understand that some members have been successful @ getting them operational.

I upgraded to 7.21 tonight and silent BT here as well. Crap! I tried deleting the phone and pairing again, with no success. Have any of you that had the issue resolved it?

Update: I turned the unit off after trying to get the BT to work for 20 minutes and it rebooted itself.... and it works now! Great! Guess it needed two reboots.

Last edited:
Called TT Support again yesterday complaining about my downgrade of North America 7.10 maps to 7.05 during an earlier attempt to dl the software. This time, the bottom line was that TT re-enabled the ability to use my (now outdated) code and download the 7.10 map again.

Initially, he said that **everything** that a user installs on the unit firstly gets dl to a folder called 'download' off the docs/tt/home, etc folder. I looked there but did not see the map. Gave the guy my guarantee code and he sent it along to some other department for verifrication that, indeed, I had used it to dl 7.10. That's why they allowed for the dl again yesterday. Did take an unbelievable amount of time (2 hrs for a 23 meg file on 1 meg dsl). Anyway, I have it. Had to recopy from backup on hd my POI's I had dl the last few weeks, of course.

Also, made sure everything was ok on the unit this time before I made another backup.

Well, I have the dreaded Red X after updating both Home and the 720 firmware. A device Reset didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

I have the dreaded Red X after updating both Home and the 720 firmware

If you made a backup, you can try copying the files to the root directory of your 720 using windows explorer. Your backups are under C:\Users\Your name\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backups\GO\Backup01\InternalMemory in windows vista. You can always do a search for tomtom to find the location on your computer and navigate to that directory. Put your tomtom on the cradle and start it, it should connect to the computer. I have never had this problem so I am just speculating.

Easier solution is to get a replacement if you can.
HTH:)

Last edited:
Well, I have the dreaded Red X after updating both Home and the 720 firmware. A device Reset didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Well, what the support rep had me do to rectify the problem when I had the red X was, with the unit in the cradle and on, to go to TT Home, remove components from unit, and select Application. You'll be warned about its removal but do it anyway.

Then, in TT Home, goto Update My TomTom and it **should** offer the software again. Download it and let it install. See if it rectifies the situation.

Warning: when I did go through the process, I found it downgraded my map from 7.10 which I had to 7.05.

If you have 7.10 on your unit, confirm it is also on your unit after the new software dl. If not, it should be on your computer as a previous backup. Copy it back to the unit.

Hope this helps.

Adding to other comments:

7.210 took forever for me to download as well. 2+ hours at 3:00 AM with a 3Meg
Cable connection

I just checked my Bluetooth hands free calling. Worked just fine with my T-Mobile Motorola RAZR V3.

The good thing I've noticed is they have updated the POI database. The old database used to list my mechanic's address as a company that has been out off business for at least three years. The new database lists my mechanic.

The only bad thing I've noticed is when I try add or change a POI through the preferences menu it only lists four POI categories to choose from:

Fire station, Playing field, Retail Stores and School

However, when I add or change a POI through the Map corrections menu, all the categories are listed.

And although this may have been the same with the old POI database, I've noticed if I search by POI category even the McDonald's in town won't show up. But, if I tap "Any POI category" and search by name I get more comprehensive results.

Adding to other comments:

7.210 took forever for me to download as well. 2+ hours at 3:00 AM with a 3Meg Cable connection

Are you sure the map version you dl was 7.210? I think that's the version of TTHome software and the map version is 7.10.

Could be wrong though:D

Ask a Question