Eclipse avn22109 w/ map 8.35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you really pulled it off big time. So my plan is to pick up a 2 gb sd card, back up, reinstall on new sd card, buy a TomTom One 8.35 map and manually install.

Does that sound similar to your plan?

I can't believe that TomTom support does not even make any attempts in the right direction to help. Either it's a pass off to Fugitsu or will only support 6.75 3 year old maps!

Well good on you for getting everything to work. I would guess you're the first Eclipse owner to have 8.35 maps running on your device. You're a pioneer with new maps to find your way!

sounds pretty close, I have no idea why everyother map is avaliable to us except the north america one in the tomtom map shop area.

I just noticed i put a 9 instead of a P in the modle number :p

Yah that bugs the hell out of me too. It's almost as if somewhere there was this grudge or a chip on a shoulder between either Eclipse Fugitsu or the US owner community and TomTom. Why every other map but the US Map? It could be a software support issue just with US sold devices, but why not fix it so it's comparable with non-US versions.

You did buy a TomTom ONE map from the map store correct? Not any other variant?

Ok I'll try the Rider version.

On my way at lunch to pick up an SD card then I'll try the update this evening after dinner. I'll post my results.

Thanks Tony

Tony,

I went through the step to buy the Rider map from the map store, and then had to hook up my device.

The map shows as an update but with a message that "This item cannot be installed on your device". The check box is grayed out. How did you get your purchased map to download?

Oh no will I have to contact support to do this?

You must have found a way around this.

I've hit a roadblock in the download.

The manual install should be a piece of cake. But I've purchased the map and now home won't even let me download it since it's displaying a message under the map that it cannot be installed on my device.

Is there a manual download step outside of Home? I was hoping for a link to the map outside of the Home application, but I haven't been offered one in any of the puchase confirmation emails.

How did you buy your map? You were able to have Home download it for you?

i copied the map onto my sd card. I didn't use home as it still tells me i need map 6.75. It will update mapshare and everything else.

Google will be your friend if you don't figure it out. I am off to philly for 5 days and will check up later. Hopefully you get it going by then.

Last edited:
You must have gotten a download link then outside of home. I wish I was offered that instead of having it all link through Home.

Well this project is over. I called TomTom support and got a refund for the map I bought willy nilly. Support was very pleasant and forgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question