7.210 - Anyone install yet?

Are you sure the map version you dl was 7.210? I think that's the version of TTHome software and the map version is 7.10.

Could be wrong though:D

Nope, I've doubled checked.

When I tap the time button from the navigation screen, the version is listed as 7.210 in the lower right corner and I'm currently running TomTom HOME version 2.1

Although I'm not having major problems, I'm wondering for those who are if it's a firmware issue. I assume firmware updates are automatic and I've heard horror stories from others who have disconnected other equipment (i.e. routers) while they were being updated and had them freeze.

Did anyone have their computer go into stand by during the download or disconnect their TomTom before the map was downloaded and installed?

Mind still at version 7.020 and I dont get the update at all. Is TomTom took it off? Please advice. Thank you.

Mind still at version 7.020 and I dont get the update at all. Is TomTom took it off? Please advice. Thank you.

If you purchased your TomTom within the past 30 days and were given a latest map guarantee in your box, you should be able to upgrade for free.

If this is the case I would contact TomTom and tell them your map won't update as promised.

I think I did got the map updated but the firmware version still say 7.020

Sorry, there seems to have been some confusion on my part :eek:

7.210 is actually the latest firmware update and not the map, to my knowledge the latest map of North America is 710.1584.

Click here for step by step on how to check your firmware and map versions. It looks like you do need to update your firmware.

You should have the latest version of TomTom HOME (2.1.2.121 I believe) on your computer. You can easily check what version you have by starting TomTom HOME, then clicking on "help" and then "About TomTom HOME"

If you do not have TomTom HOME installed or your running and older version, you can upgrade to the most recent version by clicking here.

Once you have the latest version of TomTom HOME, you should be able to start the application, click on "file" then "Use Latest Map Guarantee" to get the most current map

I hope this helps :)

And for those who have had trouble with 7.210, because it is a firmware as well as a map update, if you try installing it again I suggest disabling power saving options on your computer and not disconnecting your TomTom until told to by TomTom HOME

I know that disconnecting a wireless router when updating firmware can render the router useless. I would imagine the same type of fatal error could happen with your TomTom, possibly turning it into nothing more than a $500 paper weight.

Hi,
I believe I already did everything you mention and I understand the map version is 7.10. However I dont get the auto firmware update to 7.210. I already email TomTom and see what they say. I heard there are alot of people having problem with the latest firmware so I wonder if they took it off their site. Thank you.

Sam

so how come I cannot download the 7.210 ?? Any idea??

OK no matter what version I tried, it still said 7.020 is the newest version. Please advice. Thank you.

Last edited:
No screenshot, Pedro, but I DO have firmware 7.210 on my 720 unit (confirmed by viewing the info when I touch the satellite bars icon).

Don't know why others are not getting that version.

hey guys,
the 7.210 was available for download before. I have a backup of it. However, when I brought another 720 and try to do the update. The newest I got is 7.020. So I believe must be too many people having problems with it so TomTom took it off. Just my 2 cents.

Here's what mine says.

App 7.210 (8555/071025) OS:2314
64 MB RAM (free: 22.5 MB)
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.4106
Map: 'North_America_2GB' v710.1584

I've only had my 720 a couple of weeks and so far like it.

I have the latest install. If you want a screenshot just let me know.

Just works perfectly and moos when I go by a Timmies (not sure who mentioned this POI install but I love it).

N...

I think if you remove your application from your Go 720 and try to update again. The newest you can get is 7.020 right now. I have 2 with me. The old one have the 7.210 and the new one only get the 7.020 from TomTom home 's update. :confused:

New Firmware

Hey everyone great forum, anyhow I checked my new Tomtom 720, I got last week, did all the updates in the One version 2 Software and my firmare says 7.010

How do I get the lastest 7.210 you are all talking about

Please advise and thanks all

Ask a Question