667 vs 675

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
TomTom just supplied me with the updated map V675 on my brand new TTR2.
I had found that my home town didnt have any street names, poi's, etc with the V667.

However, now the main hwy thru my town, and onward to the town to the east, has become a 2 lane hwy rather than a divided 4 lane. Also, all the access roads and business's between our towns have disapppeared.
My home town now shows street names, poi's.

Anyone else do the upgrade and notice any differences?

Cheers!

No, but I'm going o check my version tomorrow and upragde if I have 667.

I'm thinking your town has a little "Twilight Zone" aura about it when it comes to mapping...:)

No, but I'm going o check my version tomorrow and upragde if I have 667.

I'm thinking your town has a little "Twilight Zone" aura about it when it comes to mapping...:)

Its a town of around 7500 pop., so its not like its just a dot on a map. I notice too that there are newer parts of town that arent even on it, although these areas have been here for 3-4 years.

Cheers

So my 667 version on the Rider is dated 4/6/07 and is 429.4Mb (cline.dat) and a version 675 file that i have is dates 3/29/07 and is 498.5MB:confused:

Is it me or should the 675 version have a more recent date than the 667 version?

Well, I just got the 675 maps from TomTom and they still seem to be behind the times in my area. There is a tollway which has been finished for a couple of years and is shown completely on my Garmin Nuvi and a Magellan 3250, but with 675, it is still only partially complete :mad:

Does anyone know if the 675 maps for the TTR are still NavTec or have they moved to TeleAtlas? I was pretty sure that the 667 version was NavTec.

Thanks

p.s. Why is it such a mystery as to what versions of maps are available for what devices and by what map maker:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ask a Question