510 asking to be connected to Computer while in Car

GW1

Has anyone had their 501/910 ask about whether to be connected to computer when turned on while in the auto docking station? This is not even a USB connection like later models, so what gives ?

This has not happened before and no new application version has been installed for several months.

Has anyone had their 501/910 ask about whether to be connected to computer when turned on while in the auto docking station? This is not even a USB connection like later models, so what gives ?

This has not happened before and no new application version has been installed for several months.

It may be a sign that the unit is not getting sufficient power from the docking station. Are both ends plugged in securely?

Try a pin reset on the unit.

We tried a pin reset, and it did not change its behavior . I checked the connections in the car, and the green power light has been on all along.

I deleted the application, used clear flash, and then reinstalled the application fresh from downloads through Home. I will see if that clears the problem.

I was assuming that it would have needed to get a response through the USB to have it prompt to connect to the computer, but apparently not.

I was assuming that it would have needed to get a response through the USB to have it prompt to connect to the computer, but apparently not.

Check to make sure that your Bluetooth is 'off'. I had that problem a couple of weeks ago going across the Ben Franklin Bridge. The EZ-Pass tried to connect with my TT GO510. Seems that the BT was on and I wasn't aware of it. Never had a problem with it before then and I use EZ-Pass all of the time when working.

Even with the BT turned off I still occasionally get asked 'do you want to connect with your computer now?' I just tap 'no' and it goes back to work.

Thanks NJ Bus Driver. It was doing some other odd things also, so I took it down and reinstalled everything.

I guess I am not the only one who has run into this - thanks for your response.

fairly obvious when ya think about it

guys, all the mounts & home docks have the same pin outs.
all that is happening is the device is 'bouncing' on the mount, or shifted slighlty out of alignment and making a circuit on the USB connection lines......

setting a 'hi' or 'low' signal ( depending on dormant state ) across one or other pins will make device believe it is on Home dock, connected to a PC, receiving request from a USB cable connect.

Happens all the time on x10 due to incredibly poor design.

Is your rubber grommet still present on rear of device, ( top of opening, pointy bit ). this helps with seating, but as for alignment, it lands where it wants to.

regards
yDG

ps Great Forum

Last edited:
I have had similar problems with my 910 - will take a look at the seat. Thanks

Last edited:

Ask a Question