50 favorites!?!?!

Okay, I find this unbelievably stupid. I can't believe it, actually, but it's true... my TomTom 930 (with 2 gigs storage internal, 16 gigs on card) can gold ... get this. FIFTY favorites. 50! Is this normal, or is mine broken? Really, now.. the limit should be some ridiculous number, like 1,024,000,000. But 50!? That's just stupid insane.

I'm tired of deleting favorites, figuring out which ones I might not need any more, just so i can add more. And all too often I'm lookin for one that isn't there because I had to delete it to add more, so I'm out on the road cursing TomTom cus I don't have the bookmark I need any more.

I love my TomTom, but no way I'm buying another unless they fix this silly artificial limitation. Unless... and this is why I'm here in the Tweak forum... I'm hoping someone has a hack to get past this limit? Any way to increase it?

Thanks in advance...

Actually, it is 48 favourites as a maximum, not 50.

For many reasons, not just the limitation, many users have converted their favourites to a custom .ov2 file that can get transferred from map to map and there is no limit to the number of points that can be in a ov2 file.

Look here for how it is done.

I converted my 'Favorites' to POI Favorites category for this very reason. It is quite easy to do and I will never go back to using the Favorites listing.

Ask a Question