"3 west one" spoken instead of '3-0-1"

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
:confused: OK, I know I've seen this before, but I cant find where it's posted.

I had a TomTom Go720 that I just replaced with a new Go 730 since I already have all the matching mounting hardware for the car, home charger, spare auto-charger, etc.

When I did that, I seem to have really confused the hell out of the software for the Go 730: at first it wouldn't let me use either "Backup and Restore" or "Operate My Go" from within home, and refused to let me use or install digital/computer voices so I could not hear spoken city and street names.

I fixed that by removing the \Loquendo and \ASR folders from the 4GB SD card that I moved from the 720 directly over to the 730. After fiddling with it a little, it became evident that something "left over" from my 720 installation was messing up the Home2 application's interfacing with and supporting the new Go 730. Those two folders made the most sense, so I removed them. Case fixed on that (plus now I can set my 4-digit PIN / lock code because I can get it to "Operate My Go" from inside Home2. Deeper inspection turns out that "Loquendo 6.9 in the x20" series messes up the version 7 TTS on the x30 series (and up, I assume) models. Now I'm locked up, have a variety of digital / computer voice installed, everything seems to be 100%.

The one thing I noticed on the road yesterday was that it when I got off I-26 at US Hway 601 to fill up with gas was that the TomTom pronounced what SHOULD be "6-0-1" as "6-west-1". I know I've seen a write-up on it here before, and it (again) has something to do with interaction between specific versions of the FIrmware (I'm 8.351, I think?) and the Loquendo TTS software.

Could somebody give me a pointer to that article, please? I'm stumped, and I don't remember exactly what the thread's name was. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
at first it wouldn't let me use either "Backup and Restore"

We always advise you DON'T use Home for these vital backups.
See the instructions on these forums for using Windows Explorer instead.

Ask a Question