2000 Ford Ranger w/ custom mounted TT920

TomTom Model(s)
I've been mulling over my options for mounting my TT920 for awhile now. I live in the Peoples Republic of California, so "technically", per the law I cannot have it suction cupped to the windshield in any way. I scoffed out loud (literally) when I saw the prices of the Proclip mounts so I decided to do it myself.

I have a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT.

I decided to mount it over the center vents above my radio. I already had my Delphi Skyfi 2 XM radio mounted there, so much of the work was already done. I removed the head from the tomtom supplied suction cup mount and put it on the XM Base. A little tightening of the Tom Tom head and it worked like a charm. The bracket is just a piece of Aluminum bent to a 90 deg angle and bonded with 3M VHB tape to the top of the Vents.

I haven't worked on the power situation yet. I only have one car charger so I don't want to dedicate it to the car just yet.

Enjoy

tomtommount.jpg

tomtommount009.jpg

tomtommount006.jpg

tomtommount008.jpg

tomtommount005.jpg

tomtommount007.jpg

tomtommount003.jpg

I have to say...Very nice! being a Ford Explorer owner and looking for a way to mount my GPS All I can say is thanks for the pics I do like that allot.

Very nice. Now you just need a hard-wired switched power supply and for TomTom to fix the auto-on/auto-off thing....

Have a Question

Liked your your installation decided to follow suite. Have a problem, my bracket vibrates.
Wondering what thickness of the aluminum you used to make your bracket.

SOLUTION:
Shortened the length of the bracket.

Last edited:

Ask a Question