140 vent bracket from ebay... any good?

I have no direct experience with this unit but I have used a couple of other vent mounts in the past and on different equipment. Just the location of the attachment point, a vent that moves in two planes, is an inherent weakness potentially. Let's see what others might say. Hopefully someone has this unit.

I have an Arkon vent unit that looks the same. The GPS can jiggle a little at times (more noticeable with widescreen models), but I prefer it to a window mount. On my Toyota Yaris, the location is perfect.

Thanks for the input theparson. An actual user always has more precise input. And in some states that will not allow windshield mounts it is an alternative.

Vent mounts are not really much use as the device tends to move around too much when attached to a vent, the link to the item on E-bay looks like it will work with the Herbert Richter mounting system, I would consider fitting this to a Brodit/ HR tilt Swivel addaptor with that secured to a Brodit Pro-Clip, much more secure, although more costly. I use the Brodit solution for my 940, this staddles the airvent locking in above and below - very secure vibration free solution:

I have a Brodit/ HR tilt swivel unit in the spares box somewhere I will try and dig that out so you can see what that looks like - Mike

thanks for all the tips. The Brodit brackets look very serious.

the chain of events for my GPS has been- I lost a 3rd edition, purchased a Magellan (terrible UI, returned after 1 day), ordered a 140s, placed an order for 2 of the Arkon/ebay brackets, found my 3rd edition, sent the 140s back and changed the order for the brackets to the 3rd edition.....

I've been using electrical wire to to hold my TT in a couple cars (very custom : ), so anything will be an upgrade.

best regards

j

Ask a Question