920 and AT&T Data

I have the GO 920 and 720. I am trying to connect either with the AT&T Samsung SGH-i617 Blackjack II, the PALM Centro, or the Pantec DUO C810. I have unlimitted data on all three phones but can not make a data connection. TT reports the Blackjack II only has handsfree and phonebook and no data. It says the Palm has handsfree, data, phonebook, and TTY but do not go beyond 60% completion on the data connection. I don't know what values to enter manually. It reports the Pantec has handsfree and phonebook.
Any help in connecting data is welcomed

Many thanks

Datastar,

With GO 920 (No T) like yours, I was able to connect and Use Tom Traffic Plus Service with a NON Tom Tom Listed Blackberry 8800 (http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/RIM-BlackBerry-phones-m_30.html)

I have the GO920 as well and after countless tries I?ve been able to connect and Set Sup Tom Tom Traffic Plus Service (still requires Tom Tom Traffic Subscription from your Tom Tom Home) with my AT&T Blackberry 8800.

The Problem with Tom Tom Plus Server Connection ?not going beyond 60% completion? can be resolved as follows (please note the only difference between your phone and mine is the make?.I think every thing else is same):
1. When prompted to select Phone => I select the only available Blackberry 8100 under AT&T provider.
2. Next screen returned with same list of available phones (I selected Blackberry 8100 again). Please note I use blackberry here because I have BB8800 which might differ for you...
3. Next screen prompted me for country => I selected USA.
4. Next screen prompted for Service Provider (such like T-Mobile AT&T or Cingular) => I selected ?Cingular with MediaWorks or something like that? option toward end of provider list and I got 100% completion on the data connection.
5. Validation Test:
a. Go to GO 920 Main Menu page 3 of 3 and select ?Tom Tom Plus Services? which take you to ?Tom Tom Plus Services Menu Page?
b. Select either ?Tom Tom Weather? (page 1 of 2) OR ?Download QuickGPSfix? (page 2 of 2). [I believe that these 2 options are Free Non Plus Service with GO 920].
c. If connection to ?Download QuickGPSfix? OR ?Tom Tom Weather? completed successfully in 60 to 90 seconds or less the your Plus Setup & connection to Tom Tom Plus Service Server with your Phone data plan is successful
6. This Test validate your connection is using your phone data plan to connect to Tom Tom Plus Service Server.
7. Now if you don?t already have a Tom Tom Traffic Plus Service Subscription you can not activate one from your Tom Tom Home ( I ensured that it works before paying for Traffic in Euro NOT USD)

This completes the setup for me; at least I?ve done this about 3 times now. Please note that Tom Tom Support folks will not help you and they will say your phone is not in the list of compatible AT & T phones (at least that was what I was told today).

Please be warned that sometime you might have to go through the Tom Tom Plus Server connection setup once in a while.
Why? I don?t know, all I can say is My GO 920 is from Costco.com during Thanksgiving deal and my Blackberry 8800 is not in a Tom Tom compatible AT&T phone list?

Sorry for the lengthy instructions, I hope you find this to be very helpful and good luck with your Traffic Plus setup.

Take care
soderinde

TomTom GO 720 & Treo Centro - TomTom Plus Services

I have searched bot have not found an answer to this issue.

I am attempting to connect an AT&T Wireless Palm Centro to a TomTom GO 720 in order to use the TomTom Plus Services. Has ANYONE figured out a way to make this happen? The Palm Centro is not listed on the GO 720 when attempting to set up a Bluetooth wireless connection. Also, the Palm Centro will detect the GO 720 as a Bluetooth device, but won't allow it to be added to the Centro as a trusted device.

Anyone? Anything?

Anyone get the AT&T Tilt to work? Bluetooth works fine with phone calls. Can't seem to get data to work. I have tried automatic and manual settings. Ideas? May or may not pay for traffic. Weather and gas prices would be nice.

Thanks

know it's a lil late, but I just got the data connection up and running on my tilt (kaiser TyTN II). Everythin is working well including traffic,quik GPS update and hands free etc..only problem I'm having now is setting up the SMS messaging. Its giving me all greyed out icons for it. Anyway... if you need to get the data set up send me a PM and I'll give you the settings for it.

I have read a bunch of these types of problems that people have(as well as dealing with them myself). The first thing you want to do is use the reset button on your TomTom unit(that little recessed button on the bottom) to properly reboot the unit. Like a computer, when it has been on for too long, some things may not work well.

Once you have reset it, make sure you set your phone to be visible(Bluetooth setting), just to give yourself as long as needed.

From there, you should then be able to properly add your phone. For AT&T Wireless, use "other" for the phone type, and for data, use Cingular(Media Works) for the carrier, NOT AT&T. I keep thinking that the AT&T setting was from the old days of AT&T Wireless before they merged with Cingular. All of my phones have wireless settings that indicate they use the Cingular wireless settings.

For my Palm Treo 680(which should be pretty similar to the Centro since both are PalmOS based), I used the following method:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=75034&postcount=4

Ask a Question