Not a showoff...yet...2005.5 VW Jetta suggestions...

TomTom Model(s)
Hi all....

Ok here is my dilemna....Pedro2nr has been helping me with this situation and what I am attempting to do. First off, my mount from TT is ok. Not spectacular but OK. It droops and I have not attempted the fix for it yet. But even if that were fixed I am not happy with the TT 910 being WAY out of my reach on the windscreen.

I would love to put it on the right side of the steering wheel area ideally where the left/center vent is.

This is where I need the help and advice....I KNOW that this is the best spot for it, however, my device is the way cool mega awesome 910. And although it is the greatest GPS device on the planet earth (dont think our GPS would work on another world...;) ) the power connection is going to be a problem.

I am looking at the Proclips solution right now and please take a look at this link....

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionp...yid=&p_year=2006&p_countryid=0&p_leftorright=

This is the IDEAL place for my 910. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to attach the 91 here and still have access to the mount piece that I would remove from the factory mount as Pedro2nr did with his.

Take a look at how he did this here.....

DSC00034.jpg

So Ideally I would like to have this setup but on the left side of where he has it and attached to the vent area like the proclip setup has for my Jetta.

Any suggestions as to how to make this work would be great. Ideally if it could tilt and move slightly for better viewing would be great.

Thanks again for all the info that anyone can provide. If I can pull this off I will do a little FAQ for it and include pictures when all the parts come in. If you forsee any problems or if you think that it is not feasible then let me know.

One final question for you proclip users.....Can the proclip that would mount to the vent area be removed easily? I have no experience with the Proclips and if it is a permanent mount there then I may have to opt for something else.

Regards:)

Mike, the proclip setup is perfect to your needs. Just add the RAM parts I listed to this proclip. The proclip part is on the left side, just as you want it.
The 910 removes easily from the RAM cradle! If you purchase the RAM 910 cradle, you will see what I mean.

If your original mount is drooping, make sure you twist the lock until you hear the second click. I have a link how to do it in my signature.

Let me know if you have any questions on my setup.

Cool.....I will order the pieces for it tomorrow in the AM. How long did proclip and RAM take to ship you the required pieces?

The RAM parts took one day to arrive! Expressmounts is a great site. I recommend them to anyone.
Proclipusa took a while longer for me because one of the parts what on backorder. Digital Flex said on an earlier post that he received his proclip parts fast.

Thanks buddy! Ill be ordering all the parts tomorrow and hopefully I will have them within the next 10 days or so....ready for my trip back to NM!

Parts are ordered....just used the ones off your thread Pedro....with the exception of my Jetta clip.....will anxiously await!

Regards!

You got the right parts!
Let me know if you need some help. You will need to modify the original mout according to my post. It's an easy step and I included the instructions there.

Will do just that Pedro....now I just have to wait for the parts. They weren't cheap when you total the whole cost together, however, I will be able to have my TT right where I need it and wont have to lean forward to the windshield to use the device!:)

Just a thought, but have you tried the remote control with the 910? I use it so I don't have to reach to the windshield, and it works like a charm. Very intuitive.

Andy

I have, and, its not so intuitive to me...plus if I want to move the map around for browsing I cant do it with the remote well, if, at all...

Parts have shipped from the sellers....everything except for the Proclip will arrive on the 4th. Hopefully the Proclip (shipped today DHL) will be here by Monday.

Ill be sure to ask for help if needed....but I think Pedro's writeup will help me along the way! I cant wait!

Pedro...do I need to purchase any screws at all based upon your setup that you did for your car?

No screws. You will need a torx screw driver to modify the original mount. I bought mine at Home Depot for $5.

All the parts, with the exception of the ProClip, came today!!!! (Expressmounts for the parts minus the proclip).

Hopefully the Proclip will get here on Monday. Cant wait to get it all installed!

Pedro,

So the Diamond piece that attaches to the proclip....I have no screws for this...do they come with the Proclip mount? That will arrive here on Monday!

Hey Mike, when I ordered my car mount, I also picked up the ONE holder mount. I'm not sure if the screws came with that or with the proclip car mount. Im not certain if you will need screws for the diamond plate.

Proclip mount is in....however, no screws....will have to get some self tapping ones to go in there...will keep ya posted

Ask a Question