Latest Q: Treo650+Verizon+ONE

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Has anyone made this combo work? Have a Treo650 w/ Verizon w/ full data plan but it won't connect w/ ONE.

Very curious here also. I'm currently using a Treo 600 with no Bluetooth so I cannot connect to my One. I've had the upgrade bug to go to the 650 and this would be good info.

verizon Wireless

I was told today that the "Plus service" from TT will not work at all with verizon as of about Oct. 2006. I have spent hours trying to get my 910 to work and finaly called them this morning. I seams that Verizon made some changes to there system and now incompatible with TT.

RalphRalph

This must be some type of software change? Maybe TT will come out with a patch? Really hoping this is changed for the future...

verizon workaround

TT also mentioned on the phone that they have a new type of TT plus that is going to be FM radio based requiring about a $100 upgrade with no monthly charge for traffic and other services. they are hope it might be on line by the end of the year.

my bet would be that it's satellite radio... otherwise they'd have to have all sorts of FCC licenses across the globe.

TT plus

They didn't say $100 annual, but a one time fee for the equipment! and no other fee's. also said trying to make a deal with "CLEAR CHANNEL" radio stations to transmit the service.... we'll just have to wait and see

RalphRalph

Has anyone made this combo work? Have a Treo650 w/ Verizon w/ full data plan but it won't connect w/ ONE.

Here is the disconnect. With Verizon "data plan", you DO NOT have DUN(Dial-Up-Networking"), you can only connect to the web on your PDA. Call Verizon, have them add "Broadband Connect" (something like that) for an xtra $15 bucks per month(money hungry Verizon).

Once it's added, wait about 15 minutes, do a soft reset on your PDA, delete your phone from your TT, restart it, then go through the set-up process again. Then you will be able to use your PDA to connect to TT Plus Services.

Sorry RalphRalph but you were given misinformation. In my experience, you can't rely on TT, or Verizon for tech support. I have a Motorola Q + Data plan + Broadband Connect all with Verizon and I use TT Traffic everyday!

So just to recap, in addition to Verizon's $49.95 data plan, you also need their $15 Broadband Connect service for DUN. If you call and the rep doesn't know what Broadband Connect is (which is HIGHLY likely), tell them you want DUN, or Dial-Up-Networking.

Last edited:
Here is the disconnect. With Verizon "data plan", you DO NOT have DUN(Dial-Up-Networking"), you can only connect to the web on your PDA. Call Verizon, have them add "Broadband Connect" (something like that) for an xtra $15 bucks per month(money hungry Verizon).

Once it's added, wait about 15 minutes, do a soft reset on your PDA, delete your phone from your TT, restart it, then go through the set-up process again. Then you will be able to use your PDA to connect to TT Plus Services.

Sorry RalphRalph but you were given misinformation. In my experience, you can't rely on TT, or Verizon for tech support. I have a Motorola Q + Data plan + Broadband Connect all with Verizon and I use TT Traffic everyday!

So just to recap, in addition to Verizon's $49.95 data plan, you also need their $15 Broadband Connect service for DUN. If you call and the rep doesn't know what Broadband Connect is (which is HIGHLY likely), tell them you want DUN, or Dial-Up-Networking.

Good info Skizza. It upsets me though that Verizon rapes and pillages their customers in this fashion. :mad:

Skizza - By your post above I assume you like the Q...I have a few questions

1. when your Q is attached via BT DUN what happens when a call comes in?
  2. Do you have to disconnect from BT DUN to make an outgoing call?
  3. Also do you have to "gracefully" disconnect from BT DUN by disabling data in TT, or can you just shut off the TT?
  4. Generally how is the browser?

I am considering upgrading my LG VX8100 to a Q primarily b/c the VX8100 cannot support BT DUN and BT Handsfree simultaneously :mad:

Last edited:
Skizza - By your post above I assume you like the Q...I have a few questions

1. when your Q is attached via BT DUN what happens when a call comes in?
2. Do you have to disconnect from BT DUN to make an outgoing call?
3. Also do you have to "gracefully" disconnect from BT DUN by disabling data in TT, or can you just shut off the TT?
4. Generally how is the browser?

I am considering upgrading my LG VX8100 to a Q primarily b/c the VX8100 cannot support BT DUN and BT Handsfree simultaneously

1) In addition to pairing My Q for BT DUN, it's paired as a hands-free headset, so when a call comes in, I answer it via my TT. I have my TT set to do Traffic updates every 3 minutes, so my TT will automatically reconnect BT DUN with my Q

2)Yes, unfortunately you have to disconnect from BT Dun to make an outgoing call, but I think a fix for that may be in the works. Seems like I remember hearing about it.

3)No, you can simply power down the TT and the Q will disconnect

4)Browser is great, the only complaint I have is lack of a true java applet. There are some workarounds, but thats my only real gripe. There are tons of 3rd party apps for it, which makes it fun for me to tweak, a nightmare for the wife....lol

I LOVE my Q. I spend as much time, if not more "hobbying" it as I do my TT!

Thanx Skizza - this is gong into my favorites...by the way I ordered my Q (silver) yesterday...it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday...I am can't wait...

Are their any tips or tricks I need to know about configuring it to work w/ my TT910?

Ditto, I just bought a TT910 also.

Do you have sets to setting up the 510 with a motorola Q. I just bought my TT yesterday. I'm having trouble configuring the traffic part. I search throw the board but some of things did not show on my TT...

Traffic information

Hey Skiz, you live in California? Do you find that the traffic info is accurate and helpful here in the US?

Ask a Question