TT 920 phone book

Hey everyone, I just got a TT920 yesterday, and After updating for a couple of hours last night I used it today at work. I tried to retrieve my contacts list from my phone (Verizon wireless Voyager) and it says that my phone is not Data capable, Is there a way I can manually input Contacts to make a phone book? Thanks in advance for any help.

Not Data capable doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to transfer your phonebook .I have my phone connected via BT and have the data function disabled but can still make phonecalls via my 920.When your setting up the phone does it ask if you want to transfer your phonebook?If that doesn't work,when I go to the "Phone" screen of the 920 and hit "call" there is then the option to dial recently called numbers and it shows all the recent called numbers from my phone.

Not sure if that helps.

Last edited:
Pedro2NR said:
Locate the contacts folder in ur unit's directory.
Go in there and manually create a text document called 'contacts'
Each line will consists of the follow information:
"Bob","555-5545","DEFAULT"

Type it exactly how I did with the quotations.
Enter as many as u want.
Replace "DEFAULT" with
"HOME"
"WORK"
"MOBILE"
to have your listings prefaced with the corresponding icons.

Keep in mind that most areas in North America require 10 digit dialing, even to the neighbour next door.
Also, my cell phone provider recommends to add the 1- for long distance at all times.
If in a local calling area, local charges are applied. If outside the toll free area the call will not go through
and on my phone there are no provisions to prepend the 1 for a number in memory.
You may even have a special deal requiring an access number.
Check with your provider.

Replace "DEFAULT" with
"HOME"
"WORK"
"MOBILE"
to have your listings prefaced with the corresponding icons.

Keep in mind that most areas in North America require 10 digit dialing, even to the neighbour next door.
Also, my cell phone provider recommends to add the 1- for long distance at all times.
If in a local calling area, local charges are applied. If outside the toll free area the call will not go through
and on my phone there are no provisions to prepend the 1 for a number in memory.
You may even have a special deal requiring an access number.
Check with your provider.

This is working great, is there a way to put in more than one number per contact without having it show up on the contacts list until you click on the person you are trying to call?

This is working great, is there a way to put in more than one number per contact without having it show up on the contacts list until you click on the person you are trying to call?
Yes, they will be listed alphabetically and there by the "Type".

I have
"Carl","1-905-555-1212","HOME"
"Carl","1-416-555-1212","MOBILE"
"Carl","1-905-555-1313","WORK"

I hadn't caught on to the icon business until someone asked how to get the one for his cell phone.
My cell phone uses different icons and when imported by TT the names appeared with the suffix /H, /M/ and /W.

Ask a Question