920 reboots using phone and traffic enabled

Hello all

Long time reader, first time poster. I have a 920T with firmware 8 and maps 8. Every time I make a call with the TomTom having traffic enabled, my TomTom shuts down and reboots. It only does it under these conditions. I have cleared the memory on the TomTom and reinstalled software, downloaded new software, performed resets, you name it and the same conditions return and persist. Any ideas? Is this a flaw in the firmware/software, or is this adefective unit? It is quite annoying to use the phone and have your conversation cut off so the TomTom can reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hello all

Long time reader, first time poster. I have a 920T with firmware 8 and maps 8. Every time I make a call with the TomTom having traffic enabled, my TomTom shuts down and reboots. It only does it under these conditions. I have cleared the memory on the TomTom and reinstalled software, downloaded new software, performed resets, you name it and the same conditions return and persist. Any ideas? Is this a flaw in the firmware/software, or is this adefective unit? It is quite annoying to use the phone and have your conversation cut off so the TomTom can reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

By "traffic enabled" do you mean you've got your traffic adapter plugged in or are you using the data connection through your phone?

If it's the former, I do that all the time. Never had a problem until I upgraded the firmware in my phone. Try someone else's phone (wife's, kid's, friend's) and see if it does the same thing, but I would bet it's a phone issue.

I am using the data connection with my phone. I am using the same motorola razr phone I have always used and have not done anything to my phone to cause this issue. This issue started once I upgraded to the version 8 maps and firmware. I just don't know if the issue is with my TomTom itself that manifested with the upgrade, or if there is a bug in the firmware and maps that is causing this.

Pardon my confusion, but you said you have the 920T, not the 920, right? The difference is the traffic receiver, which needs no subscription. So maybe you don't need the traffic service through your phone?? Just a thought.

If your RAZR is one of the ones listed in TomTom's compatibility list, it will definitely be treated seriously by TomTom Support.

Ask a Question