[work-around] 2535 bluetooth drops audio

*****TOMTOM PLEASE FIX THIS!*****

My 2535 would drop the bluetooth audio randomly while on a call. It happened with two units and two different phones. My phones work flawlesly with my 720 and my wife's 720. When it drops the audio the call stays connected but the person you are speaking with hears static and you hear nothing. The call remains connected and you can contiue the call if you switch the audio back to the phone. The Tomtom knows the call is connected because the banner at the top is still there. All the other funtions continue to work. It is just the audio that fails randomly, or so I thought. After some trial and error I found out the audio drops once the Tomtom gives a instruction for the route. It never returns. This worked on my older units, but not this new one. If you turn off spoken route instructions, you will never drop the audio.

That's a really interesting bit of news.

I have looked all over these threads for a user who also posted with a problem of a 2XXX unit dropping Bluetooth calls. It was within the last 2 weeks or less. Unless that was you, it would be great to pass this information along to that user as well. Anyone recall who/where that was?

Does the 2535 have a2dp? I'd really like the voice directions to be transmitted to my bluetooth headset.

Well forget that ----, still drops out on me, even without a route put in. $350 piece of ----

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the 2535 have a2dp? I'd really like the voice directions to be transmitted to my bluetooth headset.
Nope this isn't possible, this is something else removed from the newer units when compared to slightly older (better) devices - Mike

Nope this isn't possible, this is something else removed from the newer units when compared to slightly older (better) devices - Mike

Can you tell me what some of these older but better devices are? I'm looking to buy my first gps device and I would really like this feature.

Mciaio.......

I've already had to edit one of your posts because of language. Mark3 was reacting to a post made by a supermod IN THIS THREAD. That doesn't make it a hijack in my eyes and, since I'm a supermod here, it's what I think, not you that counts.

Curb the attitude or go elsewhere.

Look, I am very frustrated with my very expensive purchase not working correctly. I'm sorry you had to edit my post for language, I am a super moderator on another forum, and we curse all the time. As far as my comments, I was replying to the person that wrote the A2DP question in the first place. Furthermore, your super mod Mike should have deleted or moved that question in the first place. The fault lies with him, not me. I see this forum thinks it's OK to hijack a thread, on my forums we don't.

And we don't allow swearing here.

So, while you are here, you play by our rules. If we stumble upon your forum, we play by yours.

Can you tell me what some of these older but better devices are? I'm looking to buy my first gps device and I would really like this feature.

940 (Only Sold in Europe)

Will output audio via A2DP - Mike

Ask a Question