Stay away from turn arounds

Hey everyone,

Hope someone can help me here. I have a Tomtom 540 XXL. I also live in Michigan which has a lot of divided highways with a grass median. On these divided highways are turn arounds about every quarter mile or so. So when I program the tomtom to take me somewhere that involves going on one of these roads, the tomtom is always telling me to "keep right then keep right" thus to avoid these turn arounds. It gets very annoying very quickly. Is there a way to fix this???

Thanks,
Turnaround avoider

Welcome to TTF.

A known issue where tomtom's mapping doesn't have cut outs to make left turns in many places but there is, for some reason, something in the routing algorithm where tt wants people to make 3 right turns rather than a left.

Hopefully, moderator mvl will appear at some point in this thread with his intuitive explanation of this weird behaviour (and a possible rememdy as I remember....)

dhn,

Thanks for the fast reply. I think you misunderstood my problem. The issue is not with the cutouts not being there. The issue is when I want to go straight for several miles on a divided highway. The tomtom thinks these turn arounds in the median are like a fork in the road. Every turn around (.25 miles or so) for as long as im going straight on this road it keeps telling me to "keep right", thinking im going to accidently go into this turn around.

Welcome to TTF.

A known issue where tomtom's mapping doesn't have cut outs to make left turns in many places but there is, for some reason, something in the routing algorithm where tt wants people to make 3 right turns rather than a left.

Hopefully, moderator mvl will appear at some point in this thread with his intuitive explanation of this weird behaviour (and a possible rememdy as I remember....)

I understand your problem. As Bill used to say, "I feel your pain". Happens any time you're driving down a highway with a bunch of exit lanes, too. Similar problem - no resolution for either.

Unfortunately, the button that we all believe should stop this nonsense (should shut off the "Keep to lane" instructions) has never worked. If the constant nag doesn't drive you nuts, trying to look at a text view of your itinerary probably will -- a line for every single one of these instructions.

Yep, a known issue and one that has been entered on the "wish list for improvement".

I even tried switching the voice from 'Susan' to 'Dave' thinking he would talk less, but didn't help. :rolleyes: :D

Ask a Question