Driving around

TomTom Model(s)
GO 630
Is there a way to set the Tom-Tom to just shut up and show me where I am instead of always trying to tell me which way to turn to go Home? I didn't ask it to show me the way home, I just want it to record locations when I feel like it.
COF

Hi, yes you can do that. Just make sure there is no route planned. Your navi should just show your cursor and move along.If you find a location you like, you can add a favorite to your current location using the 'add favorite' option in settings.

Kelly, if I understand your issue correctly, you probably had your home set as a destination, and now that you are home, the TomTom doesn't really think that you are home and therefore it tries to take you there. There are several ways to solve this annoying problem.

1.Load up a new destination other than home and navigate to it; TomTom won't show you the way home.

2. Not sure, but sounds like you might have your TomTom on Quick Menu? If so, you wouldn't see the "Clear Route" option which would also solve your "take me home" issue. I believe the Clear Route option is not seen in your Quick Menu option, but woudl be seen by tapping on your main screen and going to Change Preferences / Show All Menu options.

3. If all else fails - turn the volume completely down :)

Hope this is helpful.

==============

I was too slow - didn't see Pedro2NR's previous post!

Thank you Pedro2NR

Hi, yes you can do that. Just make sure there is no route planned. Your navi should just show your cursor and move along.If you find a location you like, you can add a favorite to your current location using the 'add favorite' option in settings.

First time I used it it kept trying to tell me which way to turn to go home. I said some very unpleasant wordt to the poor little machine!:D

Ask a Question