Winyin-Newbie

TomTom Model(s)
720GO
I am new to this site but have owned my Tomtom for about a year. I am not sure it is working correctly but when I contacted tech support they gave me the impresstion it was.

Tell when when I go to POI and shopping how come nothing comes up? Do I really need to know the address of where I am going before my Tomtom will show me the way?

I am so confused about why people like this thing if you have to carry a phone book with you all the time.

Thank you
Dianna

Navigate to --> POI --> (select from 'near you', 'in city', near home',) -->[I'll pick NEAR HOME] next screen shows some of the default categories (my screen shows 'shop'). If you don't see an icon for a category you want, then arrow right -->start typing the category you want --> you can type 'shop' if you didn't see the icon on the previous screen.

You now see a listing of individual poi's in the category. Scroll down. If you don't see a shop you are looking for, click the 'find' button and type part of the name (it doesn't even have to be the beginning of the name). I'll type, for example "Home Dep" and all the Home Depot stores in the entire Shop file , listed by distance, appear.

Hope this helps.........

Ask a Question