Will Magellan wall charger work?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I ask because I have 2 wall chargers. One came with my Magellan and I also have one that is a universal adaper. The universal adapter has a USB port plug where I can just connect the data cable to. I've been charging my One XL just fine with the universal one since I've gotten it but would like to use the Magellan one instead since it's smaller and the USB cable can't pop out of it.

Here's why I ask. My universal adapter outputs 5V@500mA whereas the Magellan charger outputs 5V@1A. I don't want to risk burning my One XL with the Magellan charger. My main question is, for those of you who have a genuine TomTom wall charger, How many mA or amps does the original charger output? Is 1 amp too much for the One XL?

I ask because I have 2 wall chargers. One came with my Magellan and I also have one that is a universal adaper. The universal adapter has a USB port plug where I can just connect the data cable to. I've been charging my One XL just fine with the universal one since I've gotten it but would like to use the Magellan one instead since it's smaller and the USB cable can't pop out of it.

Here's why I ask. My universal adapter outputs 5V@500mA whereas the Magellan charger outputs 5V@1A. I don't want to risk burning my One XL with the Magellan charger. My main question is, for those of you who have a genuine TomTom wall charger, How many mA or amps does the original charger output? Is 1 amp too much for the One XL?
The Magellan charger will work fine. Current ratings aren't a matter of what the charger puts out; they specify what it's able to put out if asked.

A higher voltage rating would be altogether a different thing, but that's not what you have here.

They're both USB, and USB is USB. The only difference is that the Magellan one can handle a higher load, if it should encounter one.

Last edited:

Ask a Question