Wifi authentification problem

TomTom Model(s)
I have a constant message "wifi authentication problem" my router works fine and all other devices connect and work as they should. I have tried a hard reset of the device and restarted the router all to no avail, I also note that the device will not connect to my laptop via a usb connectiondoes anyone have a clue pease?

Now sorted, as below,

1) Even if the wrong password is given, the WiFi host will initially show up as "Saved" in the list of hosts on your TomTom, even though it cannot connect. It will then periodically check to see if it can connect, and eventually, it will respond with "Authentication problem" by the name of the host instead of "Saved".

2) If your device isn't close enough to anything to which it thinks it can connect, then it will show "Out of range of saved networks".

So the probable issue is one of coming up with a password that your WiFi host likes.

1) On your TomTom, select the name of the host to which you wish to connect

2) Click on "Modify"

3) Click on "Forget"

4) Click on the name of the host to which you wish to connect

5) CAREFULLY type in the password again, and "Connect", to see if you can get a "Connected" next to the host name.

Ask a Question