Where does the tomtom get it's tags from? (can't search for ID3 or TAG)

Hi guys,

I edited my tags in iTunes.
I then used Mp3tag to ensure the tags (ID3v2.3) look OK.
I then used Windows Explorer (right click, properties) to verify my tags.

Now I upload them to an SD card for the TomTom, and the tags are ALL out of whack.

What version of ID3 does TomTom use? None of the ways I have available to me to see tags show problems. Except the TomTom!

Thanks,

hi dhn,

Thanks for responding.

Neither thread answered the question, unfortunately. closest is this:

"Yeah, we've had a previous discussion about how it uses the ID3 tags rather than the file name to show the Artist and track names.

It's a bit of a nest of snakes, but there is plenty of info on the net about what SHOULD happen.
You can use iTunes or several other utilities to edit the ID3 tags, but expect to have a few "funnies" - I suspect that TT's implementation is a little "unusual" as usual! "

I don't understand how the TomTOm could be getting some of the information. Let me give you the exact example I am working on. I load up the "artist" tab in the jukebox, and clear as day there is an option "Alvin Cash". I don't have ANY mp3's with a tag of that artist! I have one Alvin Cash song, and that is what is getting picked up. When I load that song into iTunes, Media Player, or MP3Tag, the "artist" field is blanked out. nothing there!

Yet nothing I do will get "Alvin Cash" to disappear from the artist list!

-----------

I thought surely it must be some sort of tag version thing. maybe v1 is populated but iTunes isn't? But I cant get ANY tagger to show me different data!

Last edited:

Ask a Question