Where does "New Edition" fall in the One series

Okay, perhaps this is a dumb question. I bought a TomTom One "New Edition" refurb a few weeks back. When I poke around TomTom's website I find reference to a TomTom One, a TomTom One 2nd Edition and a TomTom One 3rd Edition, but no "New Edition." So is "New Edition" after the original One and before 2nd Edition, after 2nd and before 3rd, after 3rd???? What gives? It really seems that "New Edition" is a poor idea for a name, given that it is "New" only until the next release, which is then what "Newer" or Newest?" So where does the "New Edition" fall in the generations of the TomTom One???

Okay, perhaps this is a dumb question. I bought a TomTom One "New Edition" refurb a few weeks back. When I poke around TomTom's website I find reference to a TomTom One, a TomTom One 2nd Edition and a TomTom One 3rd Edition, but no "New Edition." So is "New Edition" after the original One and before 2nd Edition, after 2nd and before 3rd, after 3rd???? What gives? It really seems that "New Edition" is a poor idea for a name, given that it is "New" only until the next release, which is then what "Newer" or Newest?" So where does the "New Edition" fall in the generations of the TomTom One???

Please see my description on the first page of my website (and also checkout the two links there):
http://home.comcast.net/~spheasant1/TomTom_custom.html

Basically, the LE is a 2nd Edition with the Navcore7 software....it has been labelled a V4 in some areas.

Same as the 2nd Edition.

You didn't mention whether or not you have an SD card slot. If you do, you have a 'Limited Edition' which is basically a v2. And count yourself lucky, because the '3rd Edition' model (no SD slot) is crippled.

You didn't mention whether or not you have an SD card slot. If you do, you have a 'Limited Edition' which is basically a v2. And count yourself lucky, because the '3rd Edition' model (no SD slot) is crippled.

I don't know if the 3rd addition model has bluetooth, but the LE does. The LE lost the RDS-TMC Traffic antenna attachment of the 3rd addition. Also, as mentioned, the LE gained the SD slot. It seems to be give and take to me.

I have a TomTom ONE New Edition. It has 1gb internal memory plus an SD card slot. It is bluetooth enabled and has the RDS-TMC antenna connection. Windows explorer shows it as "TomTom ONE v(4)"

I have a TomTom ONE New Edition. It has 1gb internal memory plus an SD card slot. It is bluetooth enabled and has the RDS-TMC antenna connection. Windows explorer shows it as "TomTom ONE v(4)"

Where is the RDS-TMC connection? On the bottom of the unit near the sd slot, or on the upper rear corner of the unit?

I am almost 100% positive the connection on the upper rear corner is for an antenna to aid satellite reception.

YES, it has the SD card slot.

Where is the RDS-TMC connection? On the bottom of the unit near the sd slot, or on the upper rear corner of the unit?

I am almost 100% positive the connection on the upper rear corner is for an antenna to aid satellite reception.

It is on the upper corner of the unit. When I ordered my TomTom ONE the ad said that it came with the maps pre-loaded on an SD card. When I got it there was no SD card, so I called TomTom customer service before even turning it on. TomTom customer service had me read the serial number to them and they told me it was a New Edition with 1gb built in memory, an SD slot for adding maps and an RDS-TMC antenna connection. I haven?t tried any antenna so it could be anything, but TomTom customer service said it was an RDS-TMC antenna connection.

It is on the upper corner of the unit. When I ordered my TomTom ONE the ad said that it came with the maps pre-loaded on an SD card. When I got it there was no SD card, so I called TomTom customer service before even turning it on. TomTom customer service had me read the serial number to them and they told me it was a New Edition with 1gb built in memory, an SD slot for adding maps and an RDS-TMC antenna connection. I haven?t tried any antenna so it could be anything, but TomTom customer service said it was an RDS-TMC antenna connection.

I have the version 2 and that thing is the connection for a satellite antenna. Where can you get a RDS-TMC antenna anyway?:confused:

Ask a Question