WARNING: Explicit TomTom Voices

In my case the content is provided by TomTom and they have not changed the files nor replied to my numerous inquiries. FYI, there are far more outrages terms in these files, then the ones I mention. Well, abc7 thought it's a story worth looking into :)
HA! You must be in the DC Metro area! Seven on your side!!!

You need to redirect you indignation elsewhere. This is a user community. All you're doing by fanning flames in this forum is making the forums a less friendly place to be. Please STOP IT.

Is this the same flumkin who was upset that "Churches" were deleted from the POI's, accusing TomTom of disliking religion? I just happened upon that thread a moment ago... How ironic! (I didn't think you were being unfriendly, just stating an opinion. That's okay still in North America, no?)

By the way, I believe those listings are under Places of Worship (I know that churches can still be searched, so give it a whirl).

Anyway... my problem is a TomTom 920 that can't stay on in Day mode unless, as one reviewer put it, "you drive in California on a sunny day in a convertible." Also, the TomTom wants to shut off after 3 minutes unless I go through a daily ritual of turning it on before plugging it in, or unplugging it before turning it on, and then clicking my heels twice and repeating "There's no place like home."

Outdated POI's, missing roads, no support for the Treo... on it goes. Off to try a competitor tomorrow and return the 920 to Best Buy (nice to have that 30 days).

Thanks to everyone who helped out with info on this site the past year!

Last edited:
time difference

hi provider here

i don" t know if this is the right place to post , if not guide me to the right area. any way i would like to know why when i put in the starting point from edmontom to kelowna bc i get 2 different times of arrival. there is a 4 hr difference from the tt compared to the yahoo map. one is 14 hrs----- the other is 10hrs . why is that

I heard BB is inforcing there restocking fee on Navigation items. Make sense to me. How many people go buy one use it for vacation or long trip then return it.

I heard BB is inforcing there restocking fee on Navigation items. Make sense to me. How many people go buy one use it for vacation or long trip then return it.
How many people take a vacation or a long trip once? Don't they have a restocking fee on all or most electronic devices?

hi provider here

i don" t know if this is the right place to post , if not guide me to the right area. any way i would like to know why when i put in the starting point from edmontom to kelowna bc i get 2 different times of arrival. there is a 4 hr difference from the tt compared to the yahoo map. one is 14 hrs----- the other is 10hrs . why is that

There are two answers to that. One is that TomTom's algorithm for calculating estimated time is horribly inaccurate, nearly doubling actually times. I just that off in the preferences. The second is that I have seen the TomTom unable to route through the mountains; their maps are outdated. However, I think that may be the route from Calgary to Kelowna (but it could involve the same stretch of Highway that TomTom hasn't updated).

How the heck did this turn into a religous thing it is a gps for your car for us dumb people that dont have a clue where we are going. If you dont like what you hear dont listen. This getting silly. Who cares?

Ask a Question