Use without route?

I am considering getting the Navigator 6 software for my Palm Treo. Do you have to input a specific route for the map to show, or can you simply watch your current location (moving) without navigating to a particular destination?

I am considering getting the Navigator 6 software for my Palm Treo. Do you have to input a specific route for the map to show, or can you simply watch your current location (moving) without navigating to a particular destination?

I know you can certainly do that with the TT1. The map shows your current location as well as the street your on. I'm assuming it would be the same for Navigator.

It is the same. I had Navigator 5 with a Palm TX and it behaves exactly as you describe. Without a route, it'll just show you what street you are on and where you are on the map.

Yep.... I find myself running back into the house cuz I forgot my ONe onthe table... dont' need it all the time, I just am addicted to "watching" myslef drive down the road...

Yes you can use it to display the map. It will update to show your current location. I'm using Nav 5 on a TMobile MDA

There is a Browse mode which allows you to browse the map for general use. You can also use Advanced Planning, which will set up a route between 2 points and can be browsed and the route instructions viewed, and an Itinerary mode, that allows you to set up several multipoint routes and save them.

Ask a Question