Tom Tom won't route without gps signal ? etc.

TomTom Model(s)
One New edition V2
Hi All great forum,
Really fantastic the things you can find on this forum.
It's helped me out alot being first time GPS user with a Tomtom v2.

My main question is I have a secondary map installed for another country - USA/Canada and even though I can preplan itineraries & browse maps etc.
Even found the hotels in the rockies - b****y brilliant I say.
The GPS will not do a route, why does it need a GPS fix to route and is there any way to bypass by putting a dummy start / Home position?

Otherwise everythings working really great thanks to this forum,
1.Upgraded australian maps to a 2Gb Sandisk UltraII card
+
2. Installed the USA/Canada maps
+
3. Tripmaster 1.7b (Works super, very minor issue is the installation I had to manualy to install the folders to the sd card)

-MEMORY -
I had no issues what so ever - either via card reader or through Tom Tom it self. Tomtom home even thinks the card reader is a TOMTOM with the memory chip in and will upgrade it after it is configured on the tomtom!
I think that some people are having issues with memory as there is a lot of fake memory on e-bay that looks like sandisk etc. - but believe me it doesn't work like it, I had to return one previousely, even though it worked - the give away was the true read/write performance compared with the genuine article.

Anyone know the read write specs for a ONE ? as the Australian SD memory map it came on is slower than the UltraII yet I didn't notice any speed difference is use? If we used a Ultra III or a x130 would it make any difference as? as the controller in the ONE may be the bottleneck.

-TomTom request-
Wouldn't it be nice to have a plug in carpower & arial connection in one.
(Technicaly it's a challange having both connections next to each other due to electrical interferance)

I'm glad I chose the TOMTOM ONE as they makes a very profesional product, works really well and no wonder they have 50% of the eurpean market!

Keep up the good work on the forum people
This GPS newabie thanks you.:D

I'm really surprised that you need an antenna! The ONE is super sensitive all by itself.

Anyway, you can do routes without a GPS signal. Just use 'Advanced Planning'.

You can also use Home to simulate being in another spot. Click on the 'My ONE' down on the bottom left.

Do enjoy your TomTom!

You can also use Home to simulate being in another spot. Click on the 'My ONE' down on the bottom left.
Do enjoy your TomTom!

Ta for the tip - Set location via home. :rolleyes: Opps I didn't see that.
Works Fantastic when your in another country planning trips.
:D

Ask a Question