Updated TomTom for OS4

TomTom Model(s)
740 Live (not Used), Iphone 4 with TomTom & Navigon and TomTom Car Kit (not used)
The application has been updated for OS4 new version is 1.4. Available from Itunes as a free update

From Itunes site updated features for 1.4:
Seamless navigation while calling (3GS & Ipod Touch)
New Updated Maps
Background navigation instructions (3GS & Ipod Touch)
Route sharing with contacts via email
Departure reminder
ECO routes
Car Symbols

download was about 1.3G
once you update you will loose all of your favorites (don;t know how to prevent)
If you have a current traffic subscription that too will be lost, however,
Go to main menu
Open traffic,
click on the link to your email on the bottom and all be come back

you will have re-set all your preferences

Since multi tasking works, once you close out of the program (it is still running), double tap the home button, the program will appear in the tray (with all the other running programs) touch the icon and hold down till a ' - ' appears and then hold down on the minus symbol and the program will close out.

I thought Mr. Jobs said if you need a Task Manager it wasn't done right? :D

Guess that only applies to everyone but Apple:rolleyes:

Yeah, well the catch is that TomTom will assume you want to continue to get directions if you have a route setup.

You don't have to close out TomTom every time, just clear the route and it'll stop trying to give directions from the background.

Yeah, well the catch is that TomTom will assume you want to continue to get directions if you have a route setup.

You don't have to close out TomTom every time, just clear the route and it'll stop trying to give directions from the background.

Yes directions will stop but to stop the program from running in the background you need to close it in O'S 4. Running in the background it took only 1 hour to drop the battery from 90 to 65%.

There must be something else going on then.

In my case, once the route was cleared, I've gone over 24 hours without having to recharge on my 3GS and having TomTom, Pandora, iBooks and a couple others frozen in the background.

Unless the app tells the OS it is going to play audio/route/etc, it's event queue is shut down so it cannot execute code in the background unless it is through the VOIP/Audio/Location callbacks.

I've checked the CPU use, and TomTom isn't doing anything in the background without a route set.

I tried this, but to no avail. Where I was once able to get traffic reports, I now get "Traffic is not yet available in your region." It was working fine the day before yesterday...then I did the upgrade to iOS4...then upgraded yesterday evening to the latest version of TomTom from the Apple app store. What's going on??

Log in and wait to see you subscription status. Once you see that you are ok and good to go. But you must log in from the email address button on the bottom of that window

am logging in...following your instruction. I've hit my email address at the bottom of the tomtom traffic screen. it's logging me in. no luck. still getting the same message.

am logging in...following your instruction. I've hit my email address at the bottom of the tomtom traffic screen. it's logging me in. no luck. still getting the same message.

Log off
get GPS fix
Create a trip even short one
Then go and log in

Ok...figured it out. Looks like there was a glitch when I downloaded the update to the TomTom app. I basically removed the app from my phone...then reinstalled it and logged back in to Traffic. It worked! :)

iphone 3GS + OS4 + TomTom + Audi bluetooth

I've got the OS4 + latest tomtom.

Since installing, when taking a call via my factory Audi Bluetooth, and returning to tomtom (during the call) there's a lot of sound distortion on the voice call.

Separately everything seems to work fine, (although the bluetooth connection does seem to drop more than it used to.)

The voice call sound distortion only occurs when tomtom is running in the foreground.

Not sure whether this is a tomtom issue or an OS4 bluetooth issue

Anyone else with similar probs?

I have seen plenty of complaints from Volvo owners with factory fitted Bluetooth systems and using an iPhone post OS4 update, they all worked fine with OS3,x installed - Apples answer (which I have seen) is the issue is with the car as its not an Apple approved accessory (Poor regard for customer aftercare springs to mind).
Doubt it will be the TomTom or the cars hardware, most probable is the OS4 loaded to your iPhone, I guess its time to complain to Apple and hope they release a newer OS4,x with bug fixes implemented - Mike

hey guys, how do I get the free update for this on my iphone? I understand its through itunes, but how do I tell it to look for one?

I have a iphone 3g and UK navigation 1.3

Many thanks

hey guys, how do I get the free update for this on my iphone? I understand its through itunes, but how do I tell it to look for one?

I have a iphone 3g and UK navigation 1.3

Many thanks

Open iTunes go applications then click on check for updates. Down load what you want then sync your phone

Ask a Question