TT 930 won't complete start - Macintosh.

I have a TT930. When I tried to open it the other day, I got a a blinking red circle containing a white X. At the time it was connected to the computer and I had just downloaded some new data using TT Home. I had also backed up. After restarting several times and resetting several times, I could not get the "Do you want to connect to the computer" screen. I just kept getting the the blinking white X. When I disconnected the 930 from the computer, I still could not get the start up screen - just the blinking white X.

Following the instructions on the TT web page, I deleted TT Home (2.2.58)and reinstalled it. No joy! Then I deleted the application and then downloaded a new one. Still no joy!

By the way TT Home recognizes the unit allows me to download and backup, etc. The unit is about 5 weeks old. I am running Mac OS 10.5.6 on a quad Mac Pro. Is there any way I can erase everything and start again with the application and the maps? I did try the dagnose and repair function in Disk Utility but it seemed to hang up part way through.

So now I am stuck with a useless TT 930. Any idea as to what I can do? I am going to need it by March 6, 2009. If I send it into TomTom for repair (assuming it is necessary) will I get it back by Thursday, March 5, 2009.

Tom Casselman
cassco2c-fourth.com

Was the backup made using Home? If so, and you say Home does see the unit, have you tried restoring the backup using Home?

The red X means the application software can't be 'seen' by the unit and usually is caused by an incorrect removal of the unit from the docking station before data is written to flash memory.

Just to be sure: the information here doesn't help or here ??

If you have a backup of the map folder, you can format the internal storage of the unit, download (again) the application and re-install the map.

Ask a Question