TT 2535 Show Map Of Route Blue Dot?

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
When I start to navigate to a location and choose "show map of route" what is the meaning of the blue pulsating dot? I'm not seeing anything in the manual on this.

When I start to navigate to a location and choose "show map of route" what is the meaning of the blue pulsating dot? I'm not seeing anything in the manual on this.
I forgot to mention is seems to be the halfway point between the Home and the end of the route.

its the last place you tapped. since you didnt yet tap it is the center of the screen.

That's the immensely useful "blue cursor".

If you tap somewhere of interest on the 'Browse map' screen, the cursor moves to that point (you can zoom in for greater accuracy).
If you have the coordinates display enabled, the Latitude and Longitude shown is exactly where the blue cursor is.
Also you'll find that zooming is now centred about that spot, wherever it is on screen.

And once you've marked a position, if you tap the "blue cursor button" at the bottom of the screen, you have access to all sorts of useful features, such as Navigating to that spot, saving it as a Favourite or POI, finding a particular POI nearby, or using it as a "via" point when navigating somewhere.

As I said, there are major features hidden in that dot!

Ask a Question