trip problem

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Rider
I took a trip this weekend and 20 miles until I reached my destination the following map quit working and the distance to my next turn stoped working as well. However, the voice was giving correct directions. Kind of freaked me out as it was late and I was not familiar with the destination. I tried turning off my Rider but that did not correct the problem. I did not have a paper clip to try the reset. I ended up switching to a regional map from the north america map and was able to continue. Anyone experience a problem like this?:confused:

This is a new situation for me. I haven't seen/heard of this happening. I glad to hear you were able to continue.
Did you happen to reset your rider?

Who tuned the lights out?

Yes it did happen forgot to mention it on my last trip to Atlanta
it just shut off. Boy did I panic! I was miles away from the hotel
never drove in Atlanta and it was night.I drove up to a restaurant
and asked for a paper clip! :eek: :confused: boy the look on her face.....
but went back to the car could barly see the pin hole but got it to work again.
Have no clue what had happened!

George sorry to hear that happened.
I let my co-worker borrow my 910 and it did the samething for her.
It never happened to me! She would charge up the unit only using the car charger.
I've never used the car charger because I always recharge my unit at night.
Luckily, I gave her directions over the phone on how to pin reset the unit.

I got the same look when I asked for a paper clip at 11:00 that night at the hotel were we stayed. I have put the clip on my TomTom case's zipper. Maybe that will warn off the evil spirits!

2 Years ago I flew in to LAX, Picked up my rental, mounted my Go Classic, and put in my brother in law's address about and 1 hr and 45 minutes out. As I'm merrily driving about 10 minutes into the drive my GO just reboots. :eek: Scared me half to death. But it came right back up aquired sats and got me there. Very weird. Has happened atleast twice that I can remember.

hermdog

The reboot thing happens to me more than I'd like. I notice that it happens more often when I fly to a new city. I can always tell it's about to happen when the route calculation takes a LOOOOONNG time. It then reboots itself, and seems to work fine from there. It's happened to be on several occasions now.

I'm glad to say that my ONE hasn't rebooted on me although I have noticed in the past week when driving that there are times that its takes a very long time when it recalculates. I hope this isn't a symptom :(

A suggestion: if this happens regularly when flying/driving into a new city or area, why not temporarily change your HOME SETTING to either the airport, or hotel location upon your arrival? You're going to have to drive back to one of those points anyway during your stay, right? Just remember to make your original HOME SETTING a FAVORITE so you don't forget it! :eek: Try it out and see what happens. ;)

A suggestion: if this happens regularly when flying/driving into a new city or area, why not temporarily change your HOME SETTING to either the airport, or hotel location upon your arrival? You're going to have to drive back to one of those points anyway during your stay, right? Just remember to make your original HOME SETTING a FAVORITE so you don't forget it! :eek: Try it out and see what happens. ;)

Or just simply make it a favourite.

create a new POI category called something like "stays" add the new location to this POI then you can nav to POI near you --> your latest stay should be the closest... and you won't clutter your favorites or have to change your HOME location everytime you travel.

Ask a Question