Tripmaster Install on Rider 2 Problems

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
Ok, I have read and re-read the threads on the install of Tripmaster. Heres what I have done;

I have downloaded Tripmaster
Un-zipped the two files
Copied them to the TomTom\Home\downloads directory
Started TomTom Home
Ran copy Items on my computer
Found and clicked on "Tripmaster"

IT did its thing

Shut down TomTom Home and unhooked Rider
Rider ran its startup routine
Pulled up menu and looked for the fourth page where Tripmaster should be and there is no fourth page an no Tripmaster anywhere to be found.

So, I start the process all over again and now I when I try to copy items on my computer I get this "Disk full c:\". My c: drive is not full, have approximately 1.7G available on it so what the crap? Could this be a false error, where instead it should be saying "do you wish to overwrite"?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

Wow, all those readers and no advice. Was it something I said or something I didn't say. If I offended anyone I apologize but all I was asking for was a little help.

Rick

I've not loaded tripmaster on the rider2. Had it on my rider1, but rarely used it, sorry.

Not many users have the rider, and even less have probably messed with Tripmaster on it.

You probably installed the 2.0 version that I have not used yet. I had installed 1.8 the way you did, and then had to manually change the config file like earlier posts here covered.

You might want to remove it from you device and try to get in back to the way it was (if you have a backup from just before you installed it, then it is easy).

See if you can access 1.8 from old posts here and follow the instructions for it - you might have better luck.

Ok, I have read and re-read the threads on the install of Tripmaster. Heres what I have done;

I have downloaded Tripmaster
Un-zipped the two files
Copied them to the TomTom\Home\downloads directory
Started TomTom Home
Ran copy Items on my computer
Found and clicked on "Tripmaster"

IT did its thing

Shut down TomTom Home and unhooked Rider
Rider ran its startup routine
Pulled up menu and looked for the fourth page where Tripmaster should be and there is no fourth page an no Tripmaster anywhere to be found.

So, I start the process all over again and now I when I try to copy items on my computer I get this "Disk full c:\". My c: drive is not full, have approximately 1.7G available on it so what the crap? Could this be a false error, where instead it should be saying "do you wish to overwrite"?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

Hey Rick you still fooling with this? Here's what I did with a Rider 2-
1) the two files on your computer (*.cab and *.toc) go in your download folder in a subfolder "program" this subfolder was created when I did an update
2) Using Home use the option to add maps, traffic, etc instead of just copying these to your Rider

The developers link is pretty good
http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

Follow his directions to fix the display. I have mine set for LH Use and had to tap the lower left to get Tripmaster to close the first time (the screen is trashed so you don't know what you're tapping).

Bad news- no one appears to have Tripmaster working with the updated Rider app 7.54 and I think any 6 series app cannot access the Rider virtual keyboard. This makes his TTExplorer program useless because it's first screen is the virtual keyboard, so on startup the screen is trashed. 7.54 has some Tripmaster features so I'm alternating between them to see which I like best.

For some things I think the program uses temporary files which might be your c:\ full problem, this caused me a problem re-installing maps. Do some house cleaning and see if this goes away.

Happy hacking- Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the response. No, I kind of tabled it for the time being. Would like to get it going but not hard pressed for it. You offer up some very good information and I will come back to it and try to get it going.

There are lots of things I would like to do or see changed and hope to pick up on a few of them here on the forum. You know what would be great, if the fonts size could be increased on the trip details at the bottom of the screen. These old eyes aren't what they used to be and that small size makes it difficult to read.

Anyway, thanks again for the response!

Rick

Ask a Question