Transfer 910 destinations to 720 ?

I have a GO-910 that I have given my daughter who is in college. I just ordered a GO-720 to replace it. Is there a way to get the recent destinations and Favorites transfered from the 910 to the 720?

I noticed that he last time I updated TT home the interface had changed. Can I just leave the TT home used with my 910 installed for the 720 or does the 720 have a different interface?

New to me is the map share. It's not on the 910. What actually is it?

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll look for the file when on the 910 when my daughter gets back form college.

Can anyone explain what map share is? I don't remember seeing the option on my 910 and I don't have it to look at.

No problem.
Map share is a feature that allows users to make changes on your map.

You can visit http://www.tomtom.com/page/mapshare for more information including a video clip.

You need the Navcore 7 installed on your device and a map version 7+ to work. for your 910 u will need to purchase a new map to obtain this feature.
The 720 will ready because it comes with Navcore 7 and a 7 version map.
To get the latest firmware, u need to connect your 910 to HOME and download the latest updates.

copy the MapSettings.cfg file from your 910 map to your 720 map.
I was able to find the MapSettings.cfg file on the backup of the TT GO 910. On a different computer I backed up the GO 720 so I could move the 910 cfg file to the 720 back up and then resore it. I am assuming that is what you meant in your copy the file statement. However, when I tried to find the MspSetting.cfg file from the 720, it doesn't exist. Could the 720 be using a different file? Am I missing something here?

I think I figured it out. I saw a method under TT tech support help. It makes sence to look at the TT under windows explorer to find the MapSetting.cfg file. I hope it's there for the TT 720 as it wasn't accessable in the backed up 720 files as it was in the 910 backed up files.

Ask a Question