TomTom XL in Oz

TomTom Model(s)
XL
Hi I just purchased a XL and I am absolutly rapt. I just love it. I am a 66 year old who loves computers even programming them. Surprised? someone had to start the ball rolling.

Anyway I am just discovering some of its abilities and the fact that I can transfer Google routes and POI's to my XL is a bonus.

I am waiting for an oportunity to use it. So far only local trips. Actually I have our PM to thank as to bolster the economy he gave each pensioner $1100 to spend, Hey am I complaining.

I am Australian and live just outside Sydney Hmmm! ;) Location withheld. You never know you yanks could put a cruise missile through my window so as I have a tendancy to p__s people off you never know it could happen. :D

Anyway I will post away and ask stupid questions but for now I will just give all a hearty G'Day

Terry

Welcome to the forum, Mate.

I had the pleasure of having a (too short) visit to OZ in August, basically just Sydney and Melbourne. Hopefully, there will be a longer visit in the future.

Well you got the "Mate" thing going. Not many people know much about us let alone where Oz is. We are still using everybodies fuel and stockpiling ours.

Do not judge us by Paul Hogan(Crocodile Dundee) he was a Bridge painter. Silly bugger made out we where a bunch of drongoes. Actually he was right but we did not want the world to know. The only thing he got right when he surgested that you should put another prawn on the bar b. he was talking about the prawns that in the sea would take off a finger if you got close. I used to go spear fishing for them in my younger days. Great eating once you killed the bastards. Touch and go at times they would have a go at you if they could.

I have heard that a shoal of them have attacked a salt water croc. Being that big it only takes about half a dozen to make a great meal for four.

Shame the TomTom could not track the buggers it would make for great game hunting.

Australia I am standing in it. I have been to other countries but would not stay. I am a pensioner and our dear PM has just given us oldies $1100 to spend as we wish to help keep us out of recession so because it worked so well he is concidering giving us more. Great guy PM Rudd.

That's the reason I have a XL. Bless his cotton socks. May his chooks turn into Emus and not necessarily kick his out house down. For the uninlightened a outhouse houses a thunder box. I will let you work that one out.

Anyway thanks for welcome and I wish you all a bonzer Christmas too

Terry

Ask a Question